'19 FL RB D.J. Williams (Auburn signee)

was good,” Sebring head coach LaVaar Scott told BOL of the visit. “He spent some quality time with Coach (Nick) Saban and some of the coaches and stuff like that. It was good getting to know everybody.

“They like his film. They like what he brings to the table. He just said Saban was a real cool guy, laid back. He said it was good and they had one-on-one time and that went well. He didn’t get too specific. That was kind of the basis of what all went on.”

The big question remains: will Alabama offer Williams?

“I guess it’s kind of still based on guys leaving early, someone else out there that they may have had before him, kind of a combination of things,” Scott said of what’s keeping the Tide from offering. “I think there’s a lot of different things that could make it happen.”

There’s no ill will towards Alabama for not offering yet, according to Scott. A decision will have to be made one way or the other by next week as Williams intends to sign early.

“For any kid, when you got offers and you can make your choice, then it’s not like you’re desperate or you’re wishing or hoping,” Scott said. “If something happens then obviously you definitely have to think a little bit harder. I think right now we have to look at the ones that we do have and hold them in high regards and then go from there because they’re obviously ready to go.”

So far, Alabama, Auburn, and Miami have hosted Williams on official visits. This weekend the 3-star back had set plans to visit Georgia officially, however, several other programs are working to get him on campus, so it’s not completely set in stone just yet."

....Texas is trying to get last visit. They go in home today.

So this kid was going to Clemson this weekend as of yesterday but now changed today to UGA. Bama and UGA both going after Trey Sanders, whoever loses that battle likely ends up with DJ Williams is the word on those boards.

Chris A, Wright, and Wanya will convince Cain to be a Vol after this weekend. He’ll be number 2 behind Chandler next year. In fact, he may be the workhorse back in the way the Saints use Kamara and Ingram.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah, we only took one last cycle too... And everyone seems to think he's a LB now...

Oh I agree. We definitely need another back. But I’ll go with Cain going to the program he has had the longer relationship with and who many predict he’ll sign with. I’d love to be wrong but just can’t see it.

Luckily we still have EG, and Beasley looks like a nice back. And hey, maybe we snag QC and keep him at RB since Banks is at ILB now. Especially if we land some of the linebackers were in on.

Oh I agree. We definitely need another back. But I’ll go with Cain going to the program he has had the longer relationship with and who many predict he’ll sign with. I’d love to be wrong but just can’t see it.

Luckily we still have EG, and Beasley looks like a nice back. And hey, maybe we snag QC and keep him at RB since Banks is at ILB now. Especially if we land some of the linebackers were in on.
QC said before his senior season how he was thinking of saving his body from all the hits by going to LB positions. Then they asked him to run it in for a TD and he got hurt. I think he is wanting to stay a LB because that reiterated what he said before season. Imo

VN Store

Back