'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

If freeze comes I wouldn't be surprised to see Maurer lock down the starting job when Guarantano leaves. He is a prototypical Freeze QB; runs a 4.6 and has a cannon to throw the ball downfield.

If freeze comes I wouldn't be surprised to see Maurer lock down the starting job when Guarantano leaves. He is a prototypical Freeze QB; runs a 4.6 and has a cannon to throw the ball downfield.
That's what I'm thinking..he is exactly the kind of QB that Freeze likes.

Reactions: 2xVol
Y’all are crazy for a few reasons..

#1 Bailey is (arguably) the best QB out of 2020 AND 2019 classes
#2 Even if Freeze comes, if he’s successful next year he’s probably 1 and done unless we get him to agree to a huge buyout (the ONLY reason I’m hesitant on wanting Freeze)
#3 Shrout fits same exact description and he would have leg up if anything on Maurer in 2020, until Bailey catches up. In reality, JG has 2 more seasons at UT if he wants them...

Last edited:

#1 Bailey is the best QB out of 2020 AND 2019 classes
#2 Even if Freeze comes, if he’s successful next year he’s probably 1 and done unless we get him to agree to a huge buyout (the ONLY reason I’m hesitant on wanting Freeze)
#3 Shrout fits same exact description and he would have leg up if anything on Maurer in 2020, until Bailey catches up
Everyone has written off Shrout because he threw a lot of interceptions in high school. So obviously, he'll never play a down for us.

I have the same reservations about Freeze. He's probably the best option at OC for us, but really, how long will he stay? I'm not sure that 1 year is really enough to do much.

#3 Shrout fits same exact description and he would have leg up if anything on Maurer in 2020, until Bailey catches up. In reality, JG has 2 more seasons at UT if he wants them...
I really don't think Freeze is one and done. I think its at minimum 2 years. Folks are still going to be hesitant to make him a head coach again imo, at least for a little while.

So is Bailey the #1 ranked 5* QB of the 20 class..I didn't know that, I thought he was a 4*...

Reactions: AaronUT

If Freeze is hired JG won’t be the starter. JMO, Shrout can throw on the run. JG can’t.

What do rankings have to do with his opinion on the best QB?

Hunter Johnson was “ranked” higher than Tua. Who would you pick to be your QB today?
Hey..I am ecstatic that we got Bailey on board. My issue is him calling anybody crazy for thinking Maurer is good enough to take the job.

VN Store

Back