'21 FL (PWO) JD Bastarrechea

PWO's are all upside with very little risk. If he ends up being able to make a meaningful contribution on the field then all the better. Glad to have him on board.

UT might have the greatest Intermural team in history with all the walk-ons.......
So you don't realize that PWOs have been a big part of UT football for a VERY long time. At the very least they act as fodder for the starters acting as the opposing team on the scout squad. We have had some good players acquire scholarships and have meaningful contribution several times. As Glitch said earlier. there is absolutely zero risk to having as many PWOs as possible. Costs the team/school very little.

So you don't realize that PWOs have been a big part of UT football for a VERY long time. At the very least they act as fodder for the starters acting as the opposing team on the scout squad. We have had some good players acquire scholarships and have meaningful contribution several times. As Glitch said earlier. there is absolutely zero risk to having as many PWOs as possible. Costs the team/school very little.
I know. It was a joke.:confused:

The tweet said that he had received an PWO offer, didn't say he had accepted the offer. But, I hope the young man comes to UT if he can't get a scholarship elsewhere.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Educate me a Lil please. How do you offer a PWO? I always understood that a PWO was a person who wanted to try out for a team and did good during tryouts and got to stay on the scout team until moved over to the actual roster. Obviously I’m
Mistaking.

Reactions: bigorange6469
Nice to see. I have wondered who the last PWO to make a meaningful contribution to our team was, though.

Paul Bain? Who else?

Educate me a Lil please. How do you offer a PWO? I always understood that a PWO was a person who wanted to try out for a team and did good during tryouts and got to stay on the scout team until moved over to the actual roster. Obviously I’m
Mistaking.

Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong....

I believe PWO can attend summer workouts, and get to campus before Fall semester begins. A traditional walk on basically shows up when first day of semester begins.

Heck I live in Florida and didn't even know there was a East Ridge HS in Florida. Had to google it and appears to be in Clermont which is Orlando area. Former CJH former backyard.

VN Store

Back