‘23 FL OT Lucas Simmons (FSU commit)

Pied Piper leadin'em home...
d866a9998ecd7046a0fcda8d6cafe67a.gif

Flipping it over to offense, Lucas Simmons will officially visit Memorial Day weekend. He loved his first visit here so it’s a real chance to keep the momentum flowing with a high priority target. USC, Tennessee, FSU continue to be near the top for him with Oklahoma State also in play.
-VQ

“Lucas Brasi sleeps with the fishes” - Christopher Moltisanti

“Yeah…da dead ones…

Now nod ya head if ya understand me….now tell me if ya nodded ya head ”

Luca the Shark (voiced by vincent pastore…aka Big P****y)

Last edited:
Clearwater (Fla.) Clearwater Academy International Top247 offensive lineman Lucas Simmons hasn't set a commitment date, but it sounds like he would like to make a decision by late July/early August. That means the next month or so will be pretty important for the Swedish transplant as he's set to take his four remaining official visits along with a handful of unofficial visits.

According to Simmons and his camp, the plan is for Simmons to take an official visit to Tennessee the weekend of May 27 with his parents. He will then go on a bus tour with PPI recruits, which will start June 1 and run through June 14. Simmons could very well end up doing all 13 stops with the group, but there's also a chance he only goes for the first leg of the trip. Even if Simmons travels with PPI for one week and not two, there's a good chance that Simmons will be at Florida with everyone on June 6 for an unofficial visit.

While Simmons has said in the past that Billy Napier and the Gators would get an official visit from him the weekend of June 10, he revealed Friday afternoon that he's in the process of pushing that visit back to June 20. Why? Because it would make it easier on his parents, who both still live in Sweden. Per Simmons, he's trying to make it where his parents will fly into the United States right before his USC official visit the weekend of June 17, then accompany him on his Florida visit before everyone makes their way over to FSU the weekend of June 25 for Simmons' fifth and final official visit.

When it comes to trying to figure out who has the inside track to landing a commitment from Simmons, fresh intel suggests that four schools are in a dead heat: FSU, USC, Florida and Tennessee. Simmons did take an official visit to Oklahoma State a few weeks ago, and while Simmons throughout enjoyed his time in Stillwater, there's reason to believe that the Cowboys are behind those other four.

The contender that Simmons seems to have the best relationship with at the moment is FSU. After all, the Seminoles have been on Simmons for close to 12 months now and he has spent more time in Tallahassee than anywhere else. With that being said, there are some concerns about possible coaching turnover at FSU if Mike Norvell isn't able to win in Year 3, and that's probably the biggest thing working against the Seminoles right now.

USC is another finalists that Simmons feels pretty close with as he knows multiple staffers from their previous coaching stops. The Trojans have a few different things going for them: a direct flight from Stockholm to LAX, sunny weather and a big city that's full of opportunities.

Conversely, Florida – who has made a major push over the past month or so – is trying to sell the fact that SEC TV time slots are going to be more favorable for mom and dad when they can't make the trek across the pond. On top of that, Napier has two full-time offensive line coaches on staff and Simmons likes how the program is invested in that position room. UF's unique #HejaGators campaign on social media has also hit home with Simmons as that's essentially Swedish for "Go Gators."

Tennessee, on the other hand, might be the biggest wild card in the recruitment. Simmons' father, Able, actually played with Josh Heupel at Oklahoma and Billy Ray Johnson, who serves as the Vols' special assistant to the head coach, recruited Able to play for the Sooners decades ago. So, there's a bit of a pre-existing relationship there and Simmons is well aware that Tennessee has a potential franchise quarterback committed in Nico Iamalaeva.
-Ivins

Tennessee will host three official visitors this weekend as Brycen Sanders, Lucas Simmons and Vic Burley come in for their officials.

We continue to hear positive vibes about Sanders and Tennessee of late. As for Simmons and Burley, it’s a big weekend because the Vols are playing from behind on both but especially Burley. It’s not that the Vols are really behind on Simmons but they don’t have as much history with him as USC and FSU.
-VQ

Great article sounds like he's ours to lose....

"The people," he said of what is different about Josh Heupel's second-year program. "Of course, they've got the facilities, like; it's the SEC. It's Tennessee, it's the checkerboards, all the little school stuff. But it's the people in the program, man. They all put so much more effort into last year, had the improvements that they did, and you're seeing that they're going to keep on doing that. And Heupel's going to stay for a very long time, Elarbee as well. It feels that it's going to be a program that's consistently good for a very long time."

"People," Simmons said of what his decision will come down to. "People. I want a consistent staff and great people around me that are going to look out for me even when there are tough times. I want people to be there for me, and I want to be comfortable at the place I am at. I think Tennessee really showed that I could be comfortable over there. "

VN Store

Back