‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Guys that screenshot I posted from AP was fake lmao. I thought it was obvious because the font and I said “100% real per sources😔” showing I was being sarcastic.

Don’t sweat it. I knew you weren’t a troll because your response wasn’t:

“I’ve been a vol fan since [insert year or time period], was born and raised in [insert East Tennessee community]. Just because I don’t see things through orange colored glasses and am not afraid to tell the truth doesn’t mean I’m not a real fan.”

875.gif

you mean guys like Nichols,Pearce and West?
That's cute. I love these guys but even with them we had no consensus top 100 players last recruiting cycle.

But just for fun, let's even pretend these three guy were consensus top 100 guys. Go take a look at the recruiting classes of the top programs in country for the past 20 years and see how many consensus top 100 players they closed on. One thing has been constant in the past few decades, the top programs at minimum get the top classes.

Now of course development and fit is a whole nother story, but at minimum you gotta get the best players. We're doing a good job getting them interested and visiting, but we gotta close.

I think landing Nico went to "our" heads a little bit . I don't think we are at all where we thought we were. The fact that we have at least been in the top 3 or 5 of so many top 50 prospects is something to be optimistic about considering where we have been the past 15 or so years. We just have a lot of work to do on the field because we aren't going to be bullying anyone we want with NIL alone.

We have been in top 3 for top prospects for a long long time now. Not anything new.

That's cute. I love these guys but even with them we had no consensus top 100 players last recruiting cycle.

But just for fun, let's even pretend these three guy were consensus top 100 guys. Go take a look at the recruiting classes of the top programs in country for the past 20 years and see how many consensus top 100 players they closed on. One thing has been constant in the past few decades, the top programs at minimum get the top classes.

Now of course development and fit is a whole nother story, but at minimum you gotta get the best players. We're doing a good job getting them interested and visiting, but we gotta close.
We were fun last year with the players he had to work with. They developed the players they had. It’s going to be fun watching them develop the Volunteers like it was in the 80s. Some people are not going to be able to enjoy it because they are too worried about what they want right now.

VN Store

Back