Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I’ll be joining this week, probably won’t be much, but it’ll be something. We appreciate you coming on here (keep that up, that helps with the transparency) and it’s what you’ve heard on here. Advertise, be transparent in what you guys need. I hope and know VOL fans that can, will help. As in any Business, advertisement is key.
I did, Captain Obvious, way to draw attention to it or otherwise no one would have known.

Reactions: WillAtSpyre
Fyp

facepalm-dismay.gif

Reactions: Glitch and VOLSONLY
You and ‘your fun buddy, @Souce, can shut up. After Dad’s surgery tomorrow and he’s okay, I’m going to get new phones for my mother and I. Then, ‘roll up sleeve to punch’ gif, you better ‘F’ the back up.
Or are you telling me to eff the backup? I mean, Joe Milton isn't really my type.

You're obviously entitled to your preference, and I don't intend to try to convince you otherwise. My family is from Tennessee and I enjoy visiting. Just pointing out your perception is LA isn't universally held, and there's a lot of data science showing people enjoy living there (people are into different stuff, after all). Beyond that, I just don't think that type of stuff really matters that much to 17 year olds that will be experiencing whichever city they end up in in such a different way than you or I would.
Geographic preference is subjective. Articles claiming QofL are better one place or another are subject to the authors biases. It's like saying country music sucks and classic rock is awesome, or rap music is the end all of music and classical music is crap. Obviously, many find all those genres appealing or they wouldn't exist. Many folks tend to locate according to their political alignment as well. That's one reason I would never reside anywhere on the left coast. Not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons. I'm sure many find it a paradise, which is why it's all subjective.

Last edited:
Geographic preference is subjective. Articles claiming QofL are better one place or another are subject to the authors biases. It's like saying country music sucks and classic rock is awesome, or rap music is the end all of music and classical music is crap. Obviously, many find all those genres appealing or they wouldn't exist. Many folks tend to locate according to their political alignment as well. That's one reason I would never reside anywhere on the left coast. Not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons. I'm sure many find it a paradise, which is why it's all subjective.

Again, that’s not how it works at all. Its a metric measured by social science data in polling large groups of people. Has nothing to do with an authors bias.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Again, that’s not how it works at all. Its a metric measured by social science data in polling large groups of people. Has nothing to do with an authors bias.
Are you saying the metrics used are totally unbiased? It's exactly what I said. The metrics are chosen based on what polsters think are important.

That 2015 class could’ve been special. Way too many players didn’t work out.
Tennessee 2015 Football Commits

Preston Williams ended up being good, but at Colorado State. Tuttle and Phillips didn’t do a whole lot at UT, but made the NFL as undrafted FAs, both became starters and good NFL players. Kirkland should have been a star, but was always hurt. Same for Chance Hall. Jack Jones and Khalil McKenzie never lived up to their ratings. Justin Martin was overrated. Kelly was great, but only had the one year as a starter. AK is AK. Venzell Boulware underperformed, then left. Taylor developed into a star.

There was some talent in that class, though. If they’d all performed to their ability while at UT, would’ve been a great class, but injuries and poor development/coaching seemed to hold them back.

Preston Williams ended up being good, but at Colorado State. Tuttle and Phillips didn’t do a whole lot at UT, but made the NFL as undrafted FAs, both became starters and good NFL players. Kirkland should have been a star, but was always hurt. Same for Chance Hall. Jack Jones and Khalil McKenzie never lived up to their ratings. Justin Martin was overrated. Kelly was great, but only had the one year as a starter. AK is AK. Venzell Boulware underperformed, then left. Taylor developed into a star.

There was some talent in that class, though. If they’d all performed to their ability while at UT, would’ve been a great class, but injuries and poor development/coaching seemed to hold them back.
To be fair, with Jack Jones, he ended up being diagnosed with a neck condition that left it unsafe for him to continue play, IIRC. He was one of my favorite players in that class.

Reactions: SmokinBob

VN Store

Back