'22 FL OT Brian Grant (Tennessee signee)

But Tennessee’s new staff liked what it saw from Grant during the fall and has spent the past several weeks recruiting him as a possible offensive tackle. He said he’s talking with “mostly Coach Elarbee, but some of the other coaches will text me, like, ‘Hey, how are you doing?’ — just touching base with me.”

“They’re wanting me to try to play offensive tackle,” said Grant, who also has drawn interest from USF. “I don’t really have any experience with the O-line. This was the first year I played. I played defense.”

Grant, who has also played basketball and competed in track and field, said Maryland has been recruiting him as a defensive lineman after watching him play on defense last year. He said he’s willing to play “really wherever they see me,” in part because of his limited football experience.

“I haven’t really played one position for too long,” he said.

Elarbee had a Zoom meeting with Grant last week, and Grant said he’s already planning to travel to Tennessee — perhaps before the end of the ongoing dead period for recruiting, which has been extended through May 31 — to get a better feel for the Vols’ program.

“We’re definitely going to Tennessee,” he said. “We definitely want to go up there.”
-Callahan

has a lot of room to add good weight. athletic. should be developed well!

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back