'20 FL OL Richie Leonard (Florida commit)

Yeah I'm not upset with giving the kid a scholarship. Hell, he is number 2 in the nation at his position. I was just stating that if we take a lot of these lower rates player are going to hurt our over all ranking as a team and would make it hard to be in the top 10 let alone the top 5.

Do you think a long snapper is a sensible position to make that point? Those guys are essential to the team's success, but they don't see many stars.

Yeah I'm not upset with giving the kid a scholarship. Hell, he is number 2 in the nation at his position. I was just stating that if we take a lot of these lower rates player are going to hurt our over all ranking as a team and would make it hard to be in the top 10 let alone the top 5.
Do we get a special prize for being top 10 or top 5?

Need I remind you that the Vols had back-to-back top 10 classes in 2014 and 2015 and that ended up not amounting to a hill of beans?

Said a hundred times it’s because we took 43 kids each cycle oh plus had a shat coaching staff that couldn’t develop talent.

I’m just going to point out you have a lot of experience on the staff in coaching and evaluation of OLine. People don’t know or forget that Chaney has coached Oline in his past. I’m sure Friend and Chaney see something in this kid if we’re pursuing him.

Reactions: Vol Main
You don't actually think we can have a few less than stellar recruiting performance and have a quick rebuild do you? Tell Dabo hey
How quick was Clemsons rebuild? You dont have to have a top 10 or top 5 class to have a good football team. Clemson had classes in the teens and still had a good team. They only recently started getting top 5 classes. Coaching what you have is more important. The class ranking thing is strictly for the fans.

How quick was Clemsons rebuild? You dont have to have a top 10 or top 5 class to have a good football team. Clemson had classes in the teens and still had a good team. They only recently started getting top 5 classes. Coaching what you have is more important. The class ranking thing is strictly for the fans.
You are forgetting that there was talk of dabo on the hot seat and that "Clemsoning" was a big thing to the point that even Game Day brought it up

Reactions: VOLATNES
Clemson didn't rebuild. Clemson built. They literally had no history until the past 5 years.

also, championships won while a member of the ACC - are like playing a video game on 'easy' level. Ya, you're good. Real good there kiddo. Guess what. You play in powder puff league.

also, championships won while a member of the ACC - are like playing a video game on 'easy' level. Ya, you're good. Real good there kiddo. Guess what. You play in powder puff league.

yeah, well, when Clemson beat tOSU in '78 or '79 that was the arrival of the tigers.

watching woody hayes punching the clemson lb on the sidelines after the lb had intercepted that pass was a memorable moment and the end of the woody hayes era

You are forgetting that there was talk of dabo on the hot seat and that "Clemsoning" was a big thing to the point that even Game Day brought it up
That was the turning point of their program. They had a coach and was patient after he made some staff changes. I feel like this is the first real coach that we've had since Fulmer......well maybe Kiffen.

yeah, well, when Clemson beat tOSU in '78 or '79 that was the arrival of the tigers.

watching woody hayes punching the clemson lb on the sidelines after the lb had intercepted that pass was a memorable moment and the end of the woody hayes era

man. i gotta respectfully disagree. they suuuucked a long time. playing in ACC may not delegitimize or devalue NC's in anyone's mind, it does for me. Clemson is good.

Rest of ACC isnt.

man. i gotta respectfully disagree. they suuuucked a long time. playing in ACC may not delegitimize or devalue NC's in anyone's mind, it does for me. Clemson is good.

Rest of ACC isnt.

you're correct, they weren't back to that dominating level for seemingly 30 years.

so does that equate to UT football being back by 2029, maybe?

I agree the coaching is 90%, you're correct there. But the recruiting in the top 10 isn't going to do anything but help. You can't say recruiting is underrated

Reactions: BucksnortVol

VN Store

Back