'21 FL ILB Terrence Lewis (UCF commit)

Most ridiculous crap I have ever seen.
I just wish they would come out and be honest.

I had to dig back a way to find this, but they basically did already come out and say it. Here is Mike Farrell last August on why he wasn’t in favor of H Bailey getting a 5th star. Every single time a UT commit gets screwed in the rankings, I think of this quote. In a nutshell, our commits aren’t ranked higher because we’re not Bama or Clemson or LSU. Straight from the horse’s mouth:

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, NATIONAL RECRUITING DIRECTOR
“He’s a really good 7-on-7 quarterback, solid in games, but if the pieces aren’t there, I don’t care how good you are. Guarantano was almost a five-star and he’s more mobile than Bailey and he’s struggling. The offensive line has been an issue. They don’t have a ton of playmakers on that roster. It really depends on what talent they recruit around him.
“I don’t think a quarterback can really do it in college football by himself unless he’s a
Lamar Jackson-type who can run and throw at an elite level and Bailey isn’t that guy.”

I had to dig back a way to find this, but they basically did already come out and say it. Here is Mike Farrell last August on why he wasn’t in favor of H Bailey getting a 5th star. Every single time a UT commit gets screwed in the rankings, I think of this quote. In a nutshell, our commits aren’t ranked higher because we’re not Bama or Clemson or LSU. Straight from the horse’s mouth:

“He’s a really good 7-on-7 quarterback, solid in games, but if the pieces aren’t there, I don’t care how good you are. Guarantano was almost a five-star and he’s more mobile than Bailey and he’s struggling. The offensive line has been an issue. They don’t have a ton of playmakers on that roster. It really depends on what talent they recruit around him.
“I don’t think a quarterback can really do it in college football by himself unless he’s a
Lamar Jackson-type who can run and throw at an elite level and Bailey isn’t that guy.”
Ridiculous. As silly as basing it on how they will be drafted.

Hey guess who got dropped to a 4 star 🙄

Who gives a sh!t? Anyone who cares or clicks on rivals are as lost as they are. I've said it once, and ill say it again...they rated Trey Smith a 4*, and the 4th rated prospect in the state of TN. Enough said, or it should be.

Ridiculous. As silly as basing it on how they will be drafted.
That's rivals way of avoiding accountability with their rankings. Nobody but a few die hard fans from the school he goes to will actually remember the stupid excuses they give for dropping a player 3 or 4 years from his recruitment.

Wow!! Lmaooooo

Who gives a sh!t? Anyone who cares or clicks on rivals are as lost as they are. I've said it once, and ill say it again...they rated Trey Smith a 4*, and the 4th rated prospect in the state of TN. Enough said, or it should be.
Not going to lie. I give a ****. Shouldnt (me,) because I 100% trust our scouting.
but this guy is a child! How dare you drop them for no reason. These guys have feelings as well as who ranks these guys.
to drop, or promote any recruit at this point, is high level ********. (As opposed to low level BS)

Not going to lie. I give a ****. Shouldnt (me,) because I 100% trust our scouting.
but this guy is a child! How dare you drop them for no reason. These guys have feelings as well as who ranks these guys.
to drop, or promote any recruit at this point, is high level ********. (As opposed to low level BS)
Be my guest...give a sh!t; ill just be over here thinking its absurd. I guarantee you Jeremy Pruitt don't give a sh!t what Farrell or anyone else at rivals or 247 or wherever the hell else thinks.

From these kid's social media posts, anytime they get dropped, they take it as a sign of disrespect...puts a chip in their shoulder, and makes them want to prove everyone wrong that much more. You see it in their posts all the time... look at what Lewis just tweeted, "disrespectful"...you don't think that dude is going to come in ready to blow sh!t up?

Also, if rating drops cost us a recruit in the future, that is a recruit I want nowhere near our locker room. Someone who cares that much about stars, that they let it dictate where they commit and sign...yeah, someone I don't want; and, I'd be willing to bet the house, its someone Jeremy Pruitt wants nothing to do with.

eg2, I respect and agree with a lot of what you post; but, have to disagree with you on this, my friend.

Yup. I don't see anyone asking to take a team of 3 stars and expecting to win championships. When they did make the playoffs, we saw how well the likes of Michigan St and Washington fared in the playoffs.
Right, but, I will say when teams like Alabama get a 3 star they're almost always bumped up to a 4 star after committing it seems like

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I like it. The one place HT and Bituli were graded poorly last year was pass coverage. He's a such a strong dude and has great form, so it won't be an issue tackling. He may even be a bit quicker and [insert high school physics equation with velocity and force].

As long as we keep weight on the interior and DBs, I'm good with lighter quicker LBs.
Saban started the lighter LB'er trend in 2015 and is probably still using it. Of course CJP is a proponent of it because he ran Saban's defense. Nick felt his lb'ers were being outran.

Yup. I don't see anyone asking to take a team of 3 stars and expecting to win championships. When they did make the playoffs, we saw how well the likes of Michigan St and Washington fared in the playoffs.

Now that you bring up!..I am curious about where this “blue chip” line is drawn and just how much it factors!...Because we have a list a mile long of players who became big in the pro who were not high recruited or ranked!..which development is these kids sometimes come early or late so I could see how they miss often.

VN Store

Back