'21 FL ILB Terrence Lewis (UCF commit)

Frame: Muscular build and good length at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds. Should carry more mass at the next level.

Athleticism: Lewis may be the twitchiest and most fluid linebacker in the class of 2021. He profiles more like a safety but plays bigger than his frame suggests. Speed, quickness, fluidity and raw power are each on the rare end of the spectrum and it amounts to as exciting a linebacker prospect as there is.

Instincts: A nose for the football is an understatement with Lewis, who racked up more than 100 tackles as a sophomore and junior. He is a fast-flow defender shot out of a cannon towards the ball carrier. In 2019 he showed improved coverage ability and made several plays on the football versus the pass, including multiple interceptions.

Polish: The volume element of Lewis’ game speaks to his closing speed and finishing power as a tackler. He forms up ball carriers with good leverage and short-area explosion. The rising senior can cover a lot of ground against the pass relative to his assignment. He could fall victim to the wash at times because he is so quick to the point, so patience and spacial leverage improvements can help him work towards his positional ceiling.

Bottom Line: Lewis is the linebacker prototype for the current day and age of college football. He can impact all three downs against a spread offense in moving towards the line of scrimmage or away from it with head-turning flashes along the way. Known for speed and pop at the point of contact, he can hold up in the box or in space despite a size disadvantage. As Lewis fills out and improves his ability to combat blockers he can ascend towards the command of a big-time college football defense.

SI All-American Candidate Terrence Lewis Highlights and Evaluation

I'm super curious as to how we will manage all of these guys positionally. Crouch, Eason, and JJP all have to show something this year with all of these guys coming in.

Eason could move to DE, and I wonder if Willis gets looks at SS. If we get Mondon he could play OLB as well. I feel like Lewis starts immediately next to Henry.

Great problem to have!

I'm super curious as to how we will manage all of these guys positionally. Crouch, Eason, and JJP all have to show something this year with all of these guys coming in.

Eason could move to DE, and I wonder if Willis gets looks at SS. If we get Mondon he could play OLB as well. I feel like Lewis starts immediately next to Henry.

Great problem to have!
Toto will still be here...so not immediately.

Great problem to have!
I don't think they will have to change positions, but Crouch might be able to go back to OLB if he's better there. With all of these players being young they will be able to put them in the situations that match their skillset the best until some step up from the rest of the group. Also injuries will be a factor, we will finally have depth to deal with them.

Great problem to have!

@butchna 😎

Reactions: iWearOrange
I don't think they will have to change positions, but Crouch might be able to go back to OLB if he's better there. With all of these players being young they will be able to put them in the situations that match their skillset the best until some step up from the rest of the group. Also injuries will be a factor, we will finally have depth to deal with them.
He isn't better there.

Great problem to have!

Willis plays before Lewis imo.
He's very cerebral and is %1,000 Linebacker. Not safety. Lewis is the more talented.

Mondon is a 4 position LB like Crouch. Except he's even more athletic which is saying a lot.

Eason will MLB and line up on the edge on 3rd down and medium.

We will need all the bodies we have.

Don't forget Martavius French.

JJP won't be able to keep away Crouch or Eason at MLB.

I have a hard time believing the #2 LB in the country wouldn’t be playing.

Lewis has elite speed at that position where we’ve severely lacked over the years. @LittleVol

And how do you know that? Ridiculous

Oh wow very insightful!

First of all, Willis is a true student athlete.
The kid is smart and he's been leading what is probably the best high school defense in the country in St Frances Academy since he transferred there from Virginia.

He's a top 150 prospect himself.

Lewis may be the better athlete, but I'll bet anything Willis starts before him.

And LEWIS WILL STILL PLAY as a freshman.

I swear, some of you all can never decipher objective discussions.

Oh wow very insightful!

First of all, Willis is a true student athlete.
The kid is smart and he's been leading what is probably the best high school defense in the country in St Frances Academy since he transferred there from Virginia.

He's a top 150 prospect himself.

Lewis may be the better athlete, but I'll bet anything Willis starts before him.

And LEWIS WILL STILL PLAY as a freshman.

I swear, some of you all can never decipher objective discussions.
Every scouting report of Lewis has him pegged as an instant impact player. So guaranteeing that Willis plays before him does seem a little outlandish. I do like Willis a lot, though.

Fangerpaint strikes again!
e11da80355b598f1e361109c28757586.gif

VN Store

Back