'22 FL DT Jordan Phillips (Tennessee transfer)

did we pull a Dabo here and tell my guy if he commits here he can't take any visits elsewhere and

he was like, er, umm, i'm shopping around first maybe?

Phillips made six tackles, including four tackles for loss and a pair of sacks, despite playing only until the middle of the second quarter Thursday night during Ocoee’s 51-0 win over East Ridge High School of Clermont, Fla. The Knights will travel to Evans High School in Orlando, Fla., on Friday night.

As for Jordan Phillips, I wouldn't quite say he's on the verge of flipping right now. Florida has obviously remained in the picture and has hosted him on a few visits this season, but he's still sticking with Tennessee right now, so I think there's at least a decent chance the Vols could hold onto him.
callahan

“I love Tennessee,” Phillips said. “I talk to Coach Heup almost every day. I talk to Coach Garner. My commitment is still with them. I love Tennessee.”

The Vols are coming off back-to-back comfortable wins over Missouri and South Carolina. Phillips said he likes what he has seen from Tennessee so far this season, and while the Vols hosted him on an official visit in June, he didn’t rule out that he could return this season for one of their home games.

“They play with their heart out,” said Phillips, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 67 defensive lineman in the 2022 class and the No. 54 senior from the state of Florida. “They play with all they’ve got. When they touch the field, you’ve got to respect them. You have to.”

He downplayed the significance of his unofficial visits to Florida last month for the Gators’ home games against Florida Atlantic and Alabama.

“That was just entertainment. I was there to see my friend, Da'Quan Newkirk,” Phillips said, referring to Florida’s fifth-year senior defensive lineman from Orlando, Fla.

Newkirk intercepted a pass for the Gators on Saturday during their win over Vanderbilt. Phillips said he “called him up” and “congratulated him.”

“That’s my boy,” Phillips said of Newkirk.

Phillips wore Tennessee gloves during his Ocoee team’s 28-0 loss to West Orange High School of Winter Garden, Fla., on Monday. While he still has two remaining official visits available, he said he's currently not planning to use them, and the Vols are the only team he still might visit in the coming weeks.

“I might go to a game (at Tennessee), but that’s it,” he said. “I’m not sure (which game).”

Phillips ran for an 8-yard touchdown on offense Friday night during Ocoee’s 30-23 win at Evans High School in Orlando, Fla. His defensive statistics from last week's game were not available as of Wednesday. The Knights will play host to Lake Brantley High School of Altamonte Springs, Fla., on Friday.
callahan

So now that Florida's a sinking ship we're gonna hold on to him. Not very encouraging

VN Store

Back