'22 FL DT Jordan Phillips (Tennessee transfer)

The Class of 2022 defensive lineman from Ocoee (Fla.) High School traveled to home-state school Florida on Saturday for its season opener against Florida Atlantic. Phillips remains committed to Tennessee, but he said he enjoyed himself during his visit with the Gators.

"It was pretty cool," Phillips told 247Sports' Blake Alderman following Florida's 35-14 win over the Owls. "I had never been to an actual game at Florida. I've been there before for a camp and everything like that, but I had never been to an actual game.

"They had a pretty cool atmosphere and I got a chance to see some of my guys that I know personally, so that was cool. A chance to see the whole coaching experience, that was good, too."

As of right now, I am committed to Tennessee," said Phillips, who's ranked by 247Sports as the No. 60 defensive lineman in the 2022 class and the No. 44 senior from the state of Florida.

"Coach (Josh) Heupel, we talk every day, almost, and (defensive line) coach (Rodney) Garner is a great guy, too, and he hits me up. I talk to Coach Chop a lot, too," Phillips added, referring to Vols defensive line analyst Levorn Harbin.

"They let me know Florida still wants me, and they talk to me about their whole program and things in general they have going on, and even stuff outside of recruiting like family vibes."
callahan

As of right now, I am committed to Tennessee,

"They let me know Florida still wants me, and they talk to me about their whole program and things in general they have going on, and even stuff outside of recruiting like family vibes."

Hate the phrase, but “He gone”.

Reactions: Catbone and vols 30
As of right now, I am committed to Tennessee,

Hate the phrase, but “He gone”.

"As of right now" = he gone

If you don’t want to get coached by one of the best in the league right now then be my guest.

Last edited:
Actually our DL looked pretty good, especially doing what they are asked to do. It will be even better with Young playing now. I am not worried about our DL at all.
Our D line didn’t look too great Saturday
96 rushing yards on 45 carries with 4 tackles for loss is very good. NOt enough pressure on the QB, but we knew that would be a problem with teh personnel that we have. I'd say they did very good against a senior laden OL.

96 rushing yards on 45 carries with 4 tackles for loss is very good. NOt enough pressure on the QB, but we knew that would be a problem with teh personnel that we have. I'd say they did very good against a senior laden OL.

I was thinking the same thing. Of course we need more pressure on the QB, hopefully Young will be able to help with that, but overall the D line has been a bright spot.

VN Store

Back