'22 FL DT Jordan Phillips (Tennessee commit)

thunder5

Cause I like to party
Hubbs commented on the radio the Phillips is about 30lbs lighter than when he committed…said it has helped a lot with his quickness and he’s had a really good senior year…

If true and Phillips is now in the 265-270 range do you all think SDE is in his future? 6’4” 265 seems ideal for SDE and I’m honestly more concerned about that spot than DT moving forward

Vol8188

revolUTion in the air!
Hubbs commented on the radio the Phillips is about 30lbs lighter than when he committed…said it has helped a lot with his quickness and he’s had a really good senior year…

If true and Phillips is now in the 265-270 range do you all think SDE is in his future? 6’4” 265 seems ideal for SDE and I’m honestly more concerned about that spot than DT moving forward
If he’s 270 as a senior in high school, he will probably be a 3 technique.

That's awesome if he lost 30 lbs of the baby weight before getting here. Now the S&C can focus on adding "good" weight. His frame looks like he could be a monster interior DL with the right weight.

That's awesome if he lost 30 lbs of the baby weight before getting here. Now the S&C can focus on adding "good" weight. His frame looks like he could be a monster interior DL with the right weight.
Blows my mind how many recruits get worse or go stagnant in their development because they are told they need to be big right now and gain bad weight. (i.e. Payton Page)

Last edited:
Blows my mind how many recruits get worse or go stagnant in their development because they are told they need to big right now and gain bad weight. (i.e. Payton Page)
Yes!!! I don't understand programs telling kids to add weight before coming to campus. Adding weight to a 17-18 year old high school student means loading up on Dominos and McDonalds. Get them on campus and then add weight. If they can trim the baby fat before getting here, that is a huge bonus.

Mr French

I don't think this kid has much bad weight. Probably more of a redistribution of the weight.

VN Store