'22 FL DT Ahmad Moten (Miami commit)

Cause Baron isn't getting it down, and Young can't do it by himself.
He had 26 tackles and 4 sacks.
That's not All SEC, but that's decent production.

He and Roman Harrison improved.

The reason Jeremy Banks had so many tackles was because those guys were setting the edge like they were supposed to.

He had 26 tackles and 4 sacks.
That's not All SEC, but that's decent production.

He and Roman Harrison improved.

The reason Jeremy Banks had so many tackles was because those guys were setting the edge like they were supposed to.

Baron might be the 3rd LEO, given how good I expect Young and Harrison to be next year. And if you have a guy as good as Baron as your 3rd LEO, you’re getting to where you need to be a top tier SEC defense.

Baton has been kind of a disappointment so far. To me, he's not aggressive enough and has no pass rush moves. He may be getting recruited over. Verse is seasoned, and we have some really nice pieces come next season. His snaps just got cut into, and he better see what the staff is doing quickly or he's gonna get passed on the charts.

Baton has been kind of a disappointment so far. To me, he's not aggressive enough and has no pass rush moves. He may be getting recruited over. Verse is seasoned, and we have some really nice pieces come next season. His snaps just got cut into, and he better see what the staff is doing quickly or he's gonna get passed on the charts.
Tyler Baron is a True Sophomore. Still has plenty of time for improvement

Yeah, but he hasn't shown progression this season. Even with better coaching. He better be on his P's and Q's this Spring.
He went from 1 sack last year to 4 this year and he just turned 20 years old a month ago… not everyone is Derek Barnett and balls out right when they hit campus. I really think a full year under Garner and he will be a baller

He went from 1 sack last year to 4 this year and he just turned 20 years old a month ago… not everyone is Derek Barnett and balls out right when they hit campus. I really think a full year under Garner and he will be a baller
He's just not an explosive athlete...hopefully it works on it

Reactions: MiramarVol

He's a starter. He had Garner all Season. There was no progression from year one to year two. All I'm saying is he better be aware that the staff is bringing in some dogs that's all.

He's a starter. He had Garner all Season. There was no progression from year one to year two. All I'm saying is he better be aware that the staff is bringing in some dogs that's all.
If we get someone that’s better I’m cool with it but saying he hasn’t progressed is just wrong

If we get someone that’s better I’m cool with it but saying he hasn’t progressed is just wrong

You never even knew he was on the field most games. Look at his stats. Look at the games where he only had 1 tackle.

Baron
7 solo tackles 19 Assists 26 Total Tackles 2 Pass Deflections 4 Sacks

Young
18 Solo Tackles 20 Assists 38 Total Tackles 1 Pass Deflections 5.5 Sacks

Harrison
19 Solo Tackles 14 Assists 33 Total Tackles 0 Pass Deflections 1 Sack

Last edited:
You never even knew he was on the field most games. Look at his stats. Look at the games where he only had 1 tackle.
He also was battling injuries for most of the season. It kills me how quick people are to give up on these kids. It was Barron's second year in the program with brand new coaches and a brand new defense.

Baron

Young

Harrison
If you’re trying to argue he hasn’t progressed from year 1 to year 2 maybe you should post his stats from year 1 to year 2… not other edge guys stats who’s names aren’t Tyler Baron

He also was battling injuries for most of the season. It kills me how quick people are to give up on these kids. It was Barron's second year in the program with brand new coaches and a brand new defense.

I see reading isn't fundamental for everyone. I didn't say anything about giving up, bashing or anything like that. All I said was he didn't progress from.year one to year two. Blame it on whatever you want to blame it on. I'm just stating facts. I also said the staff saw our lack of a pass rushing threat and has addressed it. I also said he better get it together cause we've got some pass rushing dogs coming in to go with Young and he better improve or his snaps will be cut. That's not giving up, just looking at his performance and that of those in his position.

If you’re trying to argue he hasn’t progressed from year 1 to year 2 maybe you should post his stats from year 1 to year 2… not other edge guys stats who’s names aren’t Tyler Baron

It's not an argument. It backs up my comment that he under performed and we have help coming in that may take some snaps.

It was Young's 1st season in the defense also. Played less games also.

Reactions: volnut1

Baron 2020 (9 games)
13 Solo Tackles 9 Assists 21 Total Tackles 3 TFL 1 Sack

Baron 2021 (12 games)

Less games last year with probably about the same or less production.

Baron

Young

Harrison
Tyler Baron wears Tennessee orange.

Tyler Baron wears Tennessee orange.

Yes he does. But does that make him infallible? BLUF is that he didn't progress this pass season. Arguably digressed IMO. The staff is bringing in help for pass rush and may take some snaps. Is that a derogatory analysis? No, it's just reality and my opinion of his play in 21 games hes played in.

Yes he does. But does that make him infallible? BLUF is that he didn't progress this pass season. Arguably digressed IMO. The staff is bringing in help for pass rush and may take some snaps. Is that a derogatory analysis? No, it's just reality and my opinion of his play in 21 games hes played in.
Correct. Your opinion. Which does not mean anything to anyone in control. So why are you repeatedly running down Tennessee players? You were not impressed. Say it then move on. Find someone to be impressed with. And the staff is continuously looking for better players at all positions.

Baron is fine. He’s going to be an outstanding player. People, it’s not all about who gets the sack. It’s a unit working together.

Baron improved holding the edge at mid season. Early on, he wasn’t holding contain & it hurt the team, especially vs Pitt.

Young got several of his sacks when coaches allowed him to loop around the DTs and come up the middle, using his speed. But the tackles have to tie up 3 guys to free Young, otherwise the OL shifts & blocks everyone. Baron played more straight up rush which is a lot tougher to get sacks.

Correct. Your opinion. Which does not mean anything to anyone in control. So why are you repeatedly running down Tennessee players? You were not impressed. Say it then move on. Find someone to be impressed with. And the staff is continuously looking for better players at all positions.

How am I running down a player by stating his production has not improved and the staff is addressing our pass rush by bringing in help? Our OL couldn't block each other against UF, Uganda or Bama. Am I bashing players by stating the obvious?

VN Store

Back