'20 FL DT Agelu Nunu

Had my doubts about the bench press video as well, but then I saw that he has the state bench press record at 525 pounds

VIDEO: Watch Agelu Nunu set a Florida state record with 525-pound bench press

Agelu Nunu’s future may be defined by his potential on the football field, but he may not want to rule out Olympic powerlifting or the World’s Strongest Man just yet.
Nunu, a junior at Union County High School (Lake Butler, Fla.), set a new state record in the bench press with a 525-pound lift, giving himself a yell to engage and then pushing the weight up smoothly and seamlessly.
A defensive tackle on the football field, Nunu doesn’t hold a formal star ranking, but does have a scholarship offer from both Arizona and Southern Miss, among others. At 6-foot-2, 285 pounds, it likely that some of that interest comes from his impressive frame.

I've been watching his Twitter exploits for over a year now. The kid is definitely the strongest hs player I've ever seen. He has a good motor and destroys OL. I was wondering if we would ever offer. Hopefully, that 1st P5 offer means something to him and not just viewed as a door opening type ofoffer.

not sure about the competition he's playing against, they looked a little....light. that said, he was routinely double teamed and he was blowing those up....quick, strong and knows how to get up field....

It looked like he could have did more than 525. Can he move or is he just strong?
looks like quick feet and hands. not sure he's going to run down a guy from behind....but he's quick enough to the backfield that he definitely disrupts the play and affects the QB.

again, i'm not sold on the competition level, but he did get double teamed quite a bit in those clips. and they were largely ineffective....highlight video reminder here.......

He is not gonna run anybody down but he has a really quick first step at the snap and makes the QB and RB have to change directions.

Probably talking about the bench press video. I’ll admit it looked a bit too easy imo almost as if it was the fake weights you see these YouTube weight lifters use. If they are real then he is a strong mofo
Correct. Watch the man behind him doing that same thing over and over. I'm not saying he's isn't strong, but that was an awful way to try and show it.

Biggest want on the DL. F%$K THE RANKINGS. Need a few of these beasts in this next class, then we will have our depth at that position next year finally.

Last edited:
Correct. Watch the man behind him doing that same thing over and over. I'm not saying he's isn't strong, but that was an awful way to try and show it.
And the other dude walked away in the middle of it, it's not a fake video. To even imply it is, is quite ridiculous.

And the other dude walked away in the middle of it, it's not a fake video. To even imply it is, is quite ridiculous.
Most people aren’t used to someone throwing weight around that easily. It’s almost comical strength. If entering the draft right now this kid would be one of the strongest players if not the strongest.

Nunu gets double-teamed time and time again on his highlight film, and he’s able to blast through those double teams like they’re nothing. Whether it’s stopping the run or pursuing the quarterback, Nunu is effective at both. He can move surprisingly well for his size, though he won’t rack up a ton of sacks at the next level. He’s a space eater, but he can do more than that, too. Nunu will likely have to learn some more technique once he gets to college, and he’ll need to improve his conditioning, too. But that work in the weight room isn’t just for show; Nunu is a powerful defensive tackle who sheds blocks with ease.

As a junior for Union County, Nunu totaled 34 tackles, nine tackles for loss, five sacks, 14 quarterback hurries, six forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, two passes defended, and two blocked kicks according to MaxPreps. In his sophomore and junior seasons combined, Nunu has amassed 72 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, 39 quarterback hurries, seven forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and five passes defended. He also scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery as a sophomore.
Vols Offer Defensive Tackle with State Record in Weight Lifting | RTI

Do we have any info here besides the offer? I gotta believe he’s a take for this staff...any momentum?

VN Store

Back