'19 FL DE Khris Bogle (UF signee)

Don't know if anyone already suggested this, but perhaps Bogle was still undecided and picking Bama was his way of postponing the decision? From his perspective, switching his commitment later and getting a spot in Tennessee's class might be a safer bet than hoping Bama saves a spot for him.

Don't know if anyone already suggested this, but perhaps Bogle was still undecided and picking Bama was his way of postponing the decision? From his perspective, switching his commitment later and getting a spot in Tennessee's class might be a safer bet than hoping Bama saves a spot for him.
Interesting theory if you think a high school kid is that advanced in his thinking. I think he just went with the "safe" choice.

“Spoiled”

I work all across that State. Last year I literally heard 3 different people talking @ it say something like "I don't get into FB anymore, because it's just not interesting anymore. It's a guaranteed win." etc. Oh for a taste of that problem for just a little while.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Clemson was simply better after they settled in. Bama had like 250 total yards in the 1st qtr and less than 200 the rest of the game. Their OL got blasted from the 2nd qtr on which never happens to them. Clemson's OL played a perfect game as well.

Reactions: Alto1
Lol. Bama showed up. They just got beat by the better team. It's that simple.

Why do you think Bama didn't show up in the NC game?
Just my opinion. I’ve seen countless times in my playing career and watching sports. The team that constantly blows out other teams, get complacent. Coaching staff gets complacent.
Saban made multiple bad calls all game. Execution on offense was pretty bad. Defensive players weren’t playing fast.

It’s my opinion.

Reactions: T Dog
Just my opinion. I’ve seen countless times in my playing career and watching sports. The team that constantly blows out other teams, get complacent. Coaching staff gets complacent.
Saban made multiple bad calls all game. Execution on offense was pretty bad. Defensive players weren’t playing fast.

It’s my opinion.
Complacent? Saban? No...just no.

It’s my opinion.

I sort of agree. I think Clemson played a better game and was very prepared. You could tell they did their homework. I think Alabama was the better team talent wise but they partially were out coached and partially probably thought they would beat Clemson handily (complacent, arrogance, whatever you would like to call it). I do not think Saban was complacent but moreso he just got out coached. Happens to all coaches at some point or another. In game adjustments were not as good as they should have been either. I do not care what anyone says, that Alabama defense missed Pruitt lol. They were getting gashed, but on the other hand players like Justyn Ross for example, made some absolutely great plays so I won't take credit away from their players. Also, I have not seen Alabama's Offensive Line get manhandled from the 2nd through 4th quarter the way that they did. Tua got pressured a lot and as someone stated previously, even the greatest of QBs will struggle with consistent pressure.

It’s my opinion.

i think they were just gassed. that team was not near as fast as Clemson. and yes, Yabo had a great gameplan.

I doubt he would've helped much.
maybe, maybe not. helped vs Georgia this year. Saban has proven it can work in this exact situation, why not try? I get it that Tua wasn't playing terrible, but if you have a back up like Hurts why not try and get the spark?

One teams corrdinators made adjustments that worked and the other teams coordinators did not. Alabama was out coached.

I agee. I think they did get outcoached. Maybe the continuity that the Clemson staff had, really made a difference in this game. I would also think that there probably was a complacency factor at work as well. Bama simply thought that their superior talent would eventually kick in like it alsways had in the past. However, their talent/experience level was not much higher than the opponent's in this case.

VN Store

Back