'19 FL DE Khris Bogle (UF signee)

Why we wasting OVs in spring? These kids will commit and OV other places in the fall and we will be behind the 8 ball.

Early signing period and rule changes allowing jrs to take official visit.

Early signing period and rule changes allowing jrs to take official visit.

Still doesn’t seem like you’d want to waste it only to have them take other visits closer to signing.. these kids don’t always stick with verbal commitments.

another highly ranked tennessee target is set to travel to knoxville this weekend on an official visit. Four-star junior defensive end khris bogle of cardinal gibbons catholic high school in fort lauderdale, fla., a top-100 prospect nationally, announced wednesday night on his twitter account that he's scheduled to visit the vols this weekend to attend their spring-ending orange and white game on saturday.

"it’s official this weekend i’m going to knoxville tennessee !!!#rockytop #gbo #poweredbythet," bogle tweeted.

It will be the first official visit for the 6-foot-4, 207-pound bogle, who has expressed interest in visiting tennessee for weeks. He received a scholarship offer from former vols coach butch jones' staff in august.

Bogle now holds offers from at least 40 schools, including clemson, florida state, miami, alabama, florida, georgia, lsu, michigan, notre dame, ohio state, oklahoma, ole miss, oregon, penn state, south carolina, texas a&m and usc.

He released a list of his top 14 college choices on march 31. Florida, georgia, miami, clemson, tennessee, florida state, ohio state, lsu, oregon, texas a&m, alabama, penn state, usc and oklahoma all were included on his list of favorites at the time.

Last month, bogle told 247sports’ john garcia jr. That the vols were one of a handful of teams that had been talking with him on a daily basis. "i talk to miami every day, i talk to tennessee every day, especially in the morning," bogle told garcia at the time. "same with florida, louisville and ohio state."

he has visited miami and florida state more than any other school, with the hurricanes having hosted him the most. He went to both miami and florida state last week, most recently attending the seminoles’ spring game on saturday. Florida also hosted him on a visit last month. Bogle told garcia last month that he was “trying to make a big trip to alabama, lsu and texas a&m,” too.

Reactions: 1 person
"I like Tennessee a lot" Bogle said. "I talked to coach (Charles) Kelly and coach (Jeremy) Pruitt and they wanted me to make my first official visit to Tennessee. I can't wait to get up to Tennessee and see all that it has to offer and see my guys Wanya (Morris) and Boobie (Jalen Curry) We just started to build a relationship on twitter."

Bogle plans on taking one more official this summer with one in the fall and the final two coming after his season is completed. Kelly has been after Bogle for a long time dating back to his time at Florida State. The two have a good bond and the pitch to get him on campus was rather simple. "They want me up there because they think I can help them," Bogle said. "He wants me to be the best man I can be and stay humble and stay focused."

"I'm looking forward to learning about the school," Bogle said. "I know the staff, but this weekend is about seeing if it feels like family and home to me. I hear great things about Tennessee, but I want to see it and feel what its like to be there."

At 6-foot-5 and 215 pounds, Bogle is ruthless off the edge as he showcases length and speed. He has hopes of adding weight to become a complete player. "They love my speed off the edge," Bogle said. "I'm real fast and I can get bigger so I can stop the run also. I can be a two way player and not just a one way player. I just want to be able to do my thing."

Tennessee needs playmakers on both sides of the ball. That's evident with each practice under Pruitt and company. He hears the message loud and clear and their lack of depth at his position is very much noticed. "It most definitely makes Tennessee more appealing," Bogle said. "When I talk to the coaches, I know they are down a few players. They have just told me there are no promises, but if I come there and put in the work I can play right away and probably start."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Most people think Miami and Florida State are the favorites, and while Tennessee has done a good job with Bogle so far and is recruiting him hard, the Vols haven't had any luck getting him on campus to this point. The official visit gets him to Knoxville early enough for Tennessee to maybe become even more of a contender going forward, or I'm sure that's at least part of the thought behind bringing him in now. If you're the Vols and you're just getting a guy from South Florida on campus for the first time on an official visit in the fall, you're probably too late to make a serious move.

-Callahan

He said the atmosphere in the stadium on Saturday and within the program is what stood out the most. He's very impressed with Pruitt and the defensive system saying it's a really good fit for him.

He will visit Southern Cal officially later this spring then the rest of his visits will be in the fall/winter.

He said he's coming back up this summer to hang out more.

Hung out with Wayna alot as well as Boogie Curry said the three of them could see themselves playing with each other if they all decided that Tennessee was the best fit for them.

Hubbs

“it was a great experience getting a chance to hang out with coach (charles) kelly, coach (jeremy) pruitt, coach tino (sunseri) all the coaches in general. It was great,” bogle said. “i just wanted to see the atmosphere with the fans. I like it a lot. They show a lot of love. It was just great.”

december's signing day is a long ways away, but bogle said the vols will remain fresh on his mind because it's not going to be his last trip to knoxville. “actually, i'm coming back in the summer,” bogle said. “it's going to be me wanya, and jalen curry. We are coming back.”

morris told volquest he would be back if he selects the vols on may 1st and curry said he was planning on returning either this summer or in the fall. Bogle said off the field tennessee's business school and their vfl program stood out to him and on the field, he saw a really good fit.

“i'm like a stand up d-end. So i can play in the 3-4 or the 4-3. I can move around. I can drop back into coverages when they need me to. Jam the tight end man to man. Just certain stuff that i think i could be a big factor for them,” bogle offered.

Bogle was impressed with the entire atmosphere at tennessee from the fans to everything in the program including the coach jeremy pruitt. “he has won five national championships. He has played in six. He's great. Almost all the coaches have won a national championship.”

the 6-5, 220 pounds, bogle isn't done with early official visits. His next is set to be to southern cal, as he hopes to take some of the burden off of trying to get all is visits in. “i am trying to get two or three official visits in before my senior year so after my season i only worry about a couple more. I just felt like right now was the best time to visit tennessee.”

- vq

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back