'20 FL CB Lovie Jenkins (Louisville transfer)

Lovie Jenkins I dont know how accurate this info is but it appears he ran a 11.15 100 m this year and his pr is 11.05 100 m from 2018

Is that fast enough to suit you?
8736310.jpg

Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn - 10.09 100m

Is that fast enough to suit you?
8736310.jpg

Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn - 10.09 100m
I read an article about the fastest players in college football and I'm pretty sure this kid was the fastest, so comparing Jenkins to him is a little unfair. Potential Olympian in the 100 meters, so yeah, no comparison. Still , doesn't mean Jenkins isn't really fast

I read an article about the fastest players in college football and I'm pretty sure this kid was the fastest, so comparing Jenkins to him is a little unfair. Potential Olympian in the 100 meters, so yeah, no comparison. Still , doesn't mean Jenkins isn't really fast

Until we put Justin Gatlin at corner it probably will never be good enough for some.

Dunno but Thompson and Taylor didn’t have to hard of a time covering him last year.
Good enough to win, yeah, but Schwartz toasted everybody on that one 70+ yard short reception and run. Like I said above, no shame in that, I've read multiple articles saying Schwartz could be a future Olympian in the 100

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

He is one of the fastest, and that is who we play. I asked myself and did not have an answer, so I asked you'uns. How fast does a corner need to run a 100m in order to be a winning CB in the SEC? As for being unfair, what kind of speed does a corner need to compete? Is it fair to the player who is a full second slower than the WR he is expected to beat? Again, I am asking, not about myself. The issue is not me. It's the speed needed to win in the SEC, if anybody has an opinion.

I asked myself and did not have an answer, so I asked you'uns. How fast does a corner need to run a 100m in order to be a winning CB in the SEC? As for being unfair, what kind of speed does a corner need to compete? Is it fair to the player who is a full second slower than the WR he is expected to beat? Again, I am asking, not about myself. The issue is not me. It's the speed needed to win in the SEC, if anybody cares to contribute.
Can't answer that question, but would think the CB's 40 speed and maybe even his 10 and/or 20 speed would be more relevant in a football game than his 100 speed. JMO

I do not doubt our coaches' judgment on DBs, and they obviously want Jenkins, so my intention was not to shade our coaches or their recruit. Someone mentioned his speed, which is just one of many skills, so I followed up with a question. If you asked me the average speed of SEC or Tennessee DBs, I couldn't tell you.

Callahan said he thought he was fairly high on our board and staff must have really liked him if taking him without camping first.

He is one of the fastest, and that is who we play. I asked myself and did not have an answer, so I asked you'uns. How fast does a corner need to run a 100m in order to be a winning CB in the SEC? As for being unfair, what kind of speed does a corner need to compete? Is it fair to the player who is a full second slower than the WR he is expected to beat? Again, I am asking, not about myself. The issue is not me. It's the speed needed to win in the SEC, if anybody has an opinion.
If a DB has great technique and football IQ, he can get away with being slower. Not sure what the floor is on necessary DB speed, but Deandre Baker ran a 10.83 100m for reference. I feel much better about taking a guy like this now, with several top DB targets still on the board, than taking a guy like this at the last minute. Seems less like reaching or settling, more like a thorough evaluation. I bet the kids a player.

Reactions: T Dog and Vol Main
Just watched his film that had more defense in it. VERY GOOD ball skills. he looks like a pure athlete. I didn't know his HS was 8A in FL. pretty impressive. I would take him and sort out where he plays later.
Just CB’d to Notre Dame.
My biggest concern isn’t his rating, but that he’s from a Florida public high school. That state does a very poor job educating its youth and I fear that he may have difficulty making the academic jump to ND.
He claims a 3.8 GPA and apparently takes his academics very seriously.
Google his high school it is not a stereotypical Florida public school
Did Loy really just CB him after I posted this???
My spidey sense is Loy's dollars & cents.
A little bit of a sleeper with that speed.
His competition looks bad, but it's still Florida. And he looks like he runs away easily, don't you agree? He doesn't seem to have that quick wiggle, but I definitely see the straight line speed.
In his film yes but he plays 8A ball. Shouldn't that technically mean better competition? i think his skills translate to DB well, especially since he also played offense. I could see him playing free safety as well.
And it's 8A Orlando Metro. It's not an 8A panhandle school playing local a 4A/5A/6A schedule and not seeing big schools until the playoffs.
I really like him. That's a lot of highlights, and he has ball skills, and really like his straight line speed.
He's definitely not 6'1" IMO, but who cares. 5'11" is fine for a CB if you have athleticism and ball skills.
What I don't understand is, obviously he goes to camps - so where are the offers and ratings? I would have him as a borderline 4-star, maybe low 4 star.
His camp footage can be quite polarizing. I’ve seen camps where he looks like a cover CB making plays on the ball and I’ve seen footage where he looks like a SS. Either way I’d take him and figure it out later but it probably depends on who saw what.
Loy came off his CB, went = ?
Lovie got an offer from UMiami last month and still has it pinned, visited UCF last weekend who had already offered.
Was on the list for the OV weekend on the 21st. Wonder if he makes it?
From what I read this morning from comments in local FL rags, it's more him than them at this time. He's working on a UF offer now which if I'm reading between the lines correctly, is the one he wants.
This was my understanding - that the Miami offer was a game changer. ND staff loves Lovie.
LOL
Crootin!
https://twitter.com/Lovie1k/status/1138942849897177088/photo/1
Where did this come from?

VN Store

Back