'20 FL CB Lovie Jenkins (Louisville transfer)

I think everyone wants to win the recruiting rankings, especially most fans. But here’s the thing, in this particular case, Jenkins has a higher rating that both Deandre Baker and Johnathan Abram, both considered average at best by the recruiting experts from Disney, CBS, and Verizon. A few weeks ago in Nashville, after concluding stellar college careers, both names were called in the first round for the 2019 NFL draft. One of the best safeties in the league this year is J.R. Reid at Georgia. He was all-SEC in their 2017 run to the college football championship game. His composite rating out of high school was 0.7979, with a national ranking of #1856 while being ranked as the #157 best CB.

If we let Disney, CBS, and Verizon have the final say in telling us who we should recruit, guys like those mentioned above will never get a shot. By most accounts both Baker and Abram were first discovered by our coaching staff, namely Pruitt. If that doesn’t carry any weight with you then I’ve got to figure you’re just being ornery. Even if Pruitt and Ansley only hit on 1 out of 4 of these types of guys we’re likely to end up with one of the best secondaries in all of college football. I’d hardly call that average. jmo.
fdd9dee980379e70-north-korea-clapping-on-make-a-gif.gif

I think everyone wants to win the recruiting rankings, especially most fans. But here’s the thing, in this particular case, Jenkins has a higher rating that both Deandre Baker and Johnathan Abram, both considered average at best by the recruiting experts from Disney, CBS, and Verizon. A few weeks ago in Nashville, after concluding stellar college careers, both names were called in the first round for the 2019 NFL draft. One of the best safeties in the league this year is J.R. Reid at Georgia. He was all-SEC in their 2017 run to the college football championship game. His composite rating out of high school was 0.7979, with a national ranking of #1856 while being ranked as the #157 best CB.

If we let Disney, CBS, and Verizon have the final say in telling us who we should recruit, guys like those mentioned above will never get a shot. By most accounts both Baker and Abram were first discovered by our coaching staff, namely Pruitt. If that doesn’t carry any weight with you then I’ve got to figure you’re just being ornery. Even if Pruitt and Ansley only hit on 1 out of 4 of these types of guys we’re likely to end up with one of the best secondaries in all of college football. I’d hardly call that average. jmo.

Let’s “trust he coaches” like we did with Dooley and Botch.
Dooley and Butch couldn't get it done on the field with the players they recruited. Pruitt hasn't had a chance to show what he can do with players he's recruited. So it's a little early for those comparisons. At some point you have to trust someone or would you rather not have a coach? Only time will tell if Pruitt is the guy or not.

I’d be willing to bet he’s referring to Keshawn Lawrence here

It was in response to a question about "the future of the vols." Maybe I read too much into it, but I felt like it might be bigger than just one commit... as awesome as Lawrence is...

With all the CB's we got last week, and a couple other comments I've read... feels like something big is coming.

Let’s not forget this kid is from Florida. Which (according to the draft every year) is the hotbed of talent coming out of hs especially at defensive positions. Idk why but Florida kids seem to get lower rankings than those from Cali and Texas despite that fact and Florida having half the population of both condensed into a state a 3rd of the size. Do the math and you’ll see why Florida kids are playing stiffer competition on a weekly basis.

Reactions: 901LookAlive
Early enrollee 3* from FL with these DB coaches is basically a 4* anywhere else.

Yeah honestly I say I trust the staff but if there is one position I really really really really really trust the staff, it’s corner. So if they’re taking this kid in June before his senior year, then he’s legit.

I like this a lot better than “Blessed to have been offered by”.

VN Store

Back