'20 FL CB Lovie Jenkins (Tennessee Commit 6/12/19)

Is that fast enough to suit you?

Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn - 10.09 100m
I read an article about the fastest players in college football and I'm pretty sure this kid was the fastest, so comparing Jenkins to him is a little unfair. Potential Olympian in the 100 meters, so yeah, no comparison. Still , doesn't mean Jenkins isn't really fast

I read an article about the fastest players in college football and I'm pretty sure this kid was the fastest, so comparing Jenkins to him is a little unfair. Potential Olympian in the 100 meters, so yeah, no comparison. Still , doesn't mean Jenkins isn't really fast
Until we put Justin Gatlin at corner it probably will never be good enough for some.

Dunno but Thompson and Taylor didn’t have to hard of a time covering him last year.
Good enough to win, yeah, but Schwartz toasted everybody on that one 70+ yard short reception and run. Like I said above, no shame in that, I've read multiple articles saying Schwartz could be a future Olympian in the 100

Vol Main

He is one of the fastest, and that is who we play. I asked myself and did not have an answer, so I asked you'uns. How fast does a corner need to run a 100m in order to be a winning CB in the SEC? As for being unfair, what kind of speed does a corner need to compete? Is it fair to the player who is a full second slower than the WR he is expected to beat? Again, I am asking, not about myself. The issue is not me. It's the speed needed to win in the SEC, if anybody has an opinion.

I asked myself and did not have an answer, so I asked you'uns. How fast does a corner need to run a 100m in order to be a winning CB in the SEC? As for being unfair, what kind of speed does a corner need to compete? Is it fair to the player who is a full second slower than the WR he is expected to beat? Again, I am asking, not about myself. The issue is not me. It's the speed needed to win in the SEC, if anybody cares to contribute.
Can't answer that question, but would think the CB's 40 speed and maybe even his 10 and/or 20 speed would be more relevant in a football game than his 100 speed. JMO

Vol Main

I do not doubt our coaches' judgment on DBs, and they obviously want Jenkins, so my intention was not to shade our coaches or their recruit. Someone mentioned his speed, which is just one of many skills, so I followed up with a question. If you asked me the average speed of SEC or Tennessee DBs, I couldn't tell you.

NashVolDavis

He is one of the fastest, and that is who we play. I asked myself and did not have an answer, so I asked you'uns. How fast does a corner need to run a 100m in order to be a winning CB in the SEC? As for being unfair, what kind of speed does a corner need to compete? Is it fair to the player who is a full second slower than the WR he is expected to beat? Again, I am asking, not about myself. The issue is not me. It's the speed needed to win in the SEC, if anybody has an opinion.
If a DB has great technique and football IQ, he can get away with being slower. Not sure what the floor is on necessary DB speed, but Deandre Baker ran a 10.83 100m for reference. I feel much better about taking a guy like this now, with several top DB targets still on the board, than taking a guy like this at the last minute. Seems less like reaching or settling, more like a thorough evaluation. I bet the kids a player.

VN Store

Sponsors