'20 FL CB Kendall Dennis (Oklahoma commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
y3rfkotdntaijnqabjoo

6' 172lbs
Lakeland, FL
(Kathleen HS)

Kendall Dennis, Kathleen, Cornerback
Kendall Dennis, 2020 Cornerback - Rivals
Kendall Dennis on Hudl

Vols Recruitment timeline
3/6/19 - Vols offer.
4/6/19 - On campus visit.
6/13/19 - On campus visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
The message from Tennessee has been for Dennis just to keep doing what he’s doing.
“Just keep grinding,” he said, “keep doing what I’m doing, stay focused.

He said during the visit he had time to catch up with “most of the coaching staff” while also touring facilities, watching the Vols scrimmage Saturday evening at Neyland Stadium and getting the usual uniform photo opportunity.
“It was a good visit,” Dennis said, “ (with) a good coaching staff.”

Florida State, Auburn, Florida, Miami and Tennessee highlight his current list of nine scholarship offers.

He was at Florida State’s junior day on March 9 and said he made recent visits to Florida and Auburn.

Up next? Some down time.
“Don’t know,” Dennis said. “I’m chilling for a few weeks and then we’ll see.”

What he does know is that the Vols want him back on campus. He’s open to the idea after Saturday’s visit.

“They want me to take an official visit this summer,” Dennis said.

A spring jamboree Thursday in Florida gave a Tennessee assistant coach a chance to see a couple of the Vols’ targets in the 2020 class in action. Derrick Ansley, Tennessee’s first-year defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach, traveled to Kathleen High School in Lakeland, Fla., to attend a three-team jamboree Thursday night, 247Sports’ Luke Stampini reported.

Kathleen, led by three-star Class of 2020 cornerback Kendall Dennis, played host to Mulberry (Fla.) High School and Lakeland’s Victory Christian Academy in the jamboree.

The 5-foot-11.5, 170-pound Dennis visited Tennessee the weekend of April 6 for its second scrimmage of the spring. He has received scholarship offers from Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Miami and others, along with the Vols.

The four-star Class of 2020 cornerback, who recently moved to Lakeland (Fla.) High School, returned to Tennessee on Thursday and Friday for another unofficial visit with the Vols, and he said he already expects to return to Knoxville later this year on an official visit. The 5-foot-11, 173-pound Dennis said Tennessee is one of a handful of schools standing out to him, along with Auburn, Florida State, Miami and Georgia.

“They’re high on my list,” said Dennis, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 221 overall prospect and No. 16 cornerback in the 2020 class. After traveling to Knoxville twice since early April, he said he’s strongly considering the Vols because of “just the coaching style, the environment, the love — all that.”

Tennessee has stayed in frequent contact with Dennis over the past few months, led by Derrick Ansley – the Vols’ first-year defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach – and head coach Jeremy Pruitt. Dennis said Ansley has been talking with him “every day, every week, really,” and Tennessee has made it clear that he could compete for early playing time in its secondary. “They said I have a chance to play early,” Dennis said. “(Ansley) said he likes my speed and aggressiveness — all that.”

During this week’s visit, Dennis said he “really talked to the whole coaching staff,” but “mostly Ansley.” Dennis said Ansley discussed “what I need to work on and when I’m going to come back up here again.” Some of Tennessee’s players also met with Dennis, including Vols junior running back Tim Jordan, a fellow Florida native who was a somewhat-familiar face to Dennis.

“I played against him in high school,” Dennis said of Jordan. “I didn’t know him that well, but when I got there, we started talking. “He told me it’s a good school on and off the field.” Dennis said he has been impressed by the list of NFL defensive backs who have been coached and developed by both Ansley and Pruitt. “(Ansley) told me that he works on stuff that gets people to the next level,” Dennis said.

His trip to Tennessee was his first visit this month, he said, but he’s scheduled to travel to Miami on Monday. He said he’s going to “wait ‘til the fall” to take his official visits. Dennis said he expects Tennessee to host him on one of them, most likely “for a game.” “They’re getting an official,” he said. For now, he’s not rushing to decide on a college. “(I will) probably wait ’til I take the officials,” Dennis said. “I don’t have a timeline yet.”

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Not sure if they plan on taking one more in the secondary, but if so, reaaalllyy want it to be this kid. Pruitt could use his speed at multiple positions.

You don't turn away a kid like this if he wants in. I think they plan on taking 1-2 more DB's anyway.

Four-star cornerback Kendall Dennis of Lakeland (Fla.) High School announced his top eight college choices this week, and it was no surprise that he included Tennessee among his favorites. The Vols have hosted him on a pair of visits since early April, and sources recently have continued to indicate that they’re one of the teams in the best shape with him, along with Auburn. He’s intrigued by his opportunities at both SEC schools, although Miami and others also are still in the picture. Tennessee has continued to make Dennis a priority, and one source said he currently appears to be the Vols’ most realistic option among their remaining cornerback targets. They’re expected to host him on an official visit sometime this season.

-Callahan

VN Store

Back