‘23 FL CB Ja’Keem Jackson (Florida commit)

WR-turned-CB Ja'Keem Jackson has visits set up with big offers coming in

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola is home to two of the nation's top defensive linemen in the class of 2023: Derrick LeBlanc and John Walker. It also happens to be home to Ja'Keem Jackson, a wide receiver-turned-cornerback that's starting to hear from more and more Power 5 schools.

Over the past few weeks, Jackson has picked up scholarship offers from both Tennessee, Iowa State and Kentucky. He thinks more bids could be on the way, especially with him set to hit the road at the end of February's month-long dead period.

"It feels good. It's still shocking, but all my hard work is finally paying off," Jackson told 247Sports. "The coaches just like my length, my speed and my ball skills. That's what they all say that they love about me. That, and that they can develop me into a good corner."

When it comes to visits, Jackson said that he's planning to be at USF on March 5, FSU on March 12, UCF on March 19, Iowa State on March 25 and Tennessee on April 1.

Willie Martinez is the one leading the charge for the Volunteers.

"That was an amazing feeling when they offered," Jackson said. "[Coach Martinez] thinks that I can be an amazing corner because I'm already fast and long."

The team at 247Sports has yet to rank the 6-foot-2, 180-pound Jackson, but that will change in the coming weeks. FAU has also offered.

Top247 Tune-Up: Seven newcomers join the ranks in latest rankings tweaks (247sports.com)

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola standout Ja'Keem Jackson (No. 202) presents another blossoming DB prospect who owns an overall profile that projects particularly well to the secondary. The 6-foot, 180-pounder possesses size, length, multi-sport context, verified speed, and extensive two-way snaps that foster ball skills, awareness, and playmaking acumen. Jackson has not only tested well, but posted a 10.90 100-meter time earlier this month to further verify his top gear. On the field in 2021, Jackson caught 36 passes for 548 yards and four touchdowns and recorded three interceptions. Here's more from 247Sports' Andrew Ivins and Cooper Petagna on Jackson.

Ivins: "Wide receiver turned corner who has impressed every time I have seen him."

Petagna: "The more I watch him, the more I like him. Active in press man, has the long speed to play the deep part of the field, along with ball production. Like the physical makeup and on-field activity."

Think we should start thinking of him in the same tier as Strozier and Conyer in terms of bigtime CBs we're in pretty deep with.

Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones continue to stand out for four-star Ja’Keem Jackson (247sports.com)

"His first offer came from the Cyclones in mid-January, and several months later, ISU remains well in contention to land the star corner/safety.

“Iowa State of course is one of them. Penn State, Tennessee, Miami, Michigan State. That’s pretty much it, along with UCF standing out right now,” Jackson said.

The Sunshine State star wants to go into veterinarian studies when he goes into college, and has Iowa State as one of his official visits, on June 17-19th. Jackson tentatively plans to put out a top five list in June, and will be committed before the season."

Ja feel Ja'Keem?

Ja feel....Ja definitely feel

giphy.gif

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Ja'Keem Jackson, Osceola 4-star cornerback, accepts Under Armour All-American Game invitation, sets 3 official visits - Scorebook Live

Pretty big news here:
"Hoping to make progress in his recruitment, Jackson has set three June official visits: Penn State (June 10), Iowa State (June 17) and Tennessee (June 24).

The return trip to Knoxville is especially intriguing to the bluechip corner, as he visited already earlier this spring.

"Tennessee, they really stood out to me," he said. "It was my first time going. They really stood out. It's a big place. It was very nice. I like the whole staff. They've got a lot of resources and I like the players and the fit. It's very exciting."

Ja'Keem Jackson, Osceola 4-star cornerback, accepts Under Armour All-American Game invitation, sets 3 official visits - Scorebook Live

Pretty big news here:
"Hoping to make progress in his recruitment, Jackson has set three June official visits: Penn State (June 10), Iowa State (June 17) and Tennessee (June 24).

The return trip to Knoxville is especially intriguing to the bluechip corner, as he visited already earlier this spring.

"Tennessee, they really stood out to me," he said. "It was my first time going. They really stood out. It's a big place. It was very nice. I like the whole staff. They've got a lot of resources and I like the players and the fit. It's very exciting."
Need to go all in on this guy with Strozier appearing to be Clemson bound

VN Store

Back