‘23 FL CB Ja’Keem Jackson (Florida commit)

There's a CB committed to Louisville right now, that I wish Tennessee would take a closer look at. Only a 3 star, but great tackler and great cover man. Hands are suspect, but everything else is solid.

As far as Ja'Keem the "Dream " Jackson; need to get Herring and Smith on him.
Would immediately contribute as a freshman

Reactions: BristolVol
UV to UGA this weekend, I assume they'll get into the mix since they've already offered. Goes to UCF June 3rd, then ISU the 17th before his OV here the 24th. Would be HUGE to in fact lock him down with that visit.

"Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola cornerback Ja'Keem Jackson enjoyed the trip to Athens over the weekend, with his time with Fran Brown and Will Muschamp standing out as well as his first meeting with Kirby Smart. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound defensive back says Georgia likes his size, athleticism, speed, and ball skills. He has a pair of official visits set for June but is looking into an official visit to Georgia during the season, as the Dawgs are now in his top five. Tennessee has made him a priority and should be considered the team to beat for Jackson at this time. If Georgia pushes there, it could be a strong factor in his recruitment this fall."

- Kipp Adams, UGA 247

All the more reason to want to land his commitment later in June so we can then get him back to campus multiple times as a commitment and slam the door on any future visit to Athens.

Big props to Martinez for getting on him early - at least earlier than UGA and Bama - and making him a priority. IMO we've got a fairly thin, though talented, CB board of Jackson, Conyer, Jordan Matthews (OV 6/24) and Rickey Gibson (OV here 6/17), so it's imperative we hit at a high rate.

"Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola cornerback Ja'Keem Jackson enjoyed the trip to Athens over the weekend, with his time with Fran Brown and Will Muschamp standing out as well as his first meeting with Kirby Smart. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound defensive back says Georgia likes his size, athleticism, speed, and ball skills. He has a pair of official visits set for June but is looking into an official visit to Georgia during the season, as the Dawgs are now in his top five. Tennessee has made him a priority and should be considered the team to beat for Jackson at this time. If Georgia pushes there, it could be a strong factor in his recruitment this fall."

- Kipp Adams, UGA 247

All the more reason to want to land his commitment later in June so we can then get him back to campus multiple times as a commitment and slam the door on any future visit to Athens.

Big props to Martinez for getting on him early - at least earlier than UGA and Bama - and making him a priority. IMO we've got a fairly thin, though talented, CB board of Jackson, Conyer, Jordan Matthews (OV 6/24) and Rickey Gibson (OV here 6/17), so it's imperative we hit at a high rate.
fleming as well

There's a CB committed to Louisville right now, that I wish Tennessee would take a closer look at. Only a 3 star, but great tackler and great cover man. Hands are suspect, but everything else is solid.

As far as Ja'Keem the "Dream " Jackson; need to get Herring and Smith on him.
Would immediately contribute as a freshman
What made you see the Louisville CB?

Why? That gives the staff PLENTY of time to lock him up

JMO of course, but we've been leading for a while and he's set to take his OV here the 6/24 weekend. If he's not going to commit for another 4 months it a) makes our current lead both less meaningful and perhaps in reality nonexistent, and b) means we've taken our best shot a long time before he makes a decision.

JMO of course, but we've been leading for a while and he's set to take his OV here the 6/24 weekend. If he's not going to commit for another 4 months it a) makes our current lead both less meaningful and perhaps in reality nonexistent, and b) means we've taken our best shot a long time before he makes a decision.
Publicly committing in October. Big difference.

Publicly committing in October. Big difference.

Absolutely. VERY happy to be wrong here, and just to be clear I'm not saying "he gone," but rather that it seemed like this one was both trending our way and towards a commitment soon after his OV here.

Absolutely. VERY happy to be wrong here, and just to be clear I'm not saying "he gone," but rather that it seemed like this one was both trending our way and towards a commitment soon after his OV here.
I bet the coaches will view him as a commit later this month.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back