'21 FL CB De’Shawn Rucker (Tennessee signee)

"Rucker is more of an athlete than he is a cornerback right now. I can see why Tennessee and other schools like the upside. He’s a guy who can play a number of positions because he hasn’t specialized at any one position very long. He’s a weapon in the return game. He’s a guy you get into camp and you find a spot for him because the athleticism is so far off the charts.

Now he’s getting more polished as a corner and you can see it on film between his sophomore and junior seasons. If that trajectory continues into his senior season, he’s the kind of guy who could get a bump in the rankings. Right now he’s just a ball of athletic clay that Tennessee’s coaching staff will be able to mold anyway they see fit. He’s a guy who I think can become a big time contributor. I don’t think Rucker is a get on campus contributor in the SEC right away guy, but he does have the tools and the upside to be a star by the time he graduates there."
— Rob Cassidy, Rivals

Says he's too little needs to gain muscle according to the updated 247 profile
What’s even funnier about the evaluation is after saying he’s too small at 5’10 (not horrible) they cite his extreme speed, instinct and quick trigger who is dangerous with the ball in his hands telling me he’s a pure playmaker. Also navigates blocks and makes open field tackles. Yeah so he’s a free safety. Says he needs size to play in the box but a guy like him won’t be playing in the box. He will get some looks in a Cover 1.

Reactions: 901LookAlive
giphy.gif

Inject that sweet recruiting news directly into my bloodstream boys

VN Store

Back