FL CB Damarius McGhee

I believe his Rivals profile is just generically generated. No pics, and 2 star rating (unevaluated). An obvious big riser candidate.

I believe his Rivals profile is just generically generated. No pics, and 2 star rating (unevaluated). An obvious big riser candidate.
Already been covered. He's been evaluated. Rivals is just dead wrong and has admitted he deserves a bump. How much of a bump is what is at debate.

Going to be honest. I trust Pruitt's eval of a CB over Rob Cassidy and probably anyone else not named Saban. Even more so since Cassidy's rating will be long forgotten regardless of how this kid turns out. His job isn't in danger. Pruitt will be unemployed soon if he signs the wrong players.

I’m guessing Cassidy at Rivals smugly low rated McGhee because he doesn’t show a UF or FSU offer. But, McGhee was offered by Miami. With the way Miami is skull dragging UF and FSU in Florida recruiting, Cassidy should weigh the Miami offer, along with the Vol, Bama, UGA, OU, etc. offers stronger than UF/FSU.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I’m guessing Cassidy at Rivals smugly low rated McGhee because he doesn’t show a UF or FSU offer. But, McGhee was offered by Miami. With the way Miami is skull dragging UF and FSU in Florida recruiting, Cassidy should weigh the Miami offer, along with the Vol, Bama, UGA, OU, etc. offers stronger than UF/FSU.
247 has FSU as giving an offer but not FL. Hopefully this makes him hate FL.

Took a butt chompin from the Volquest GQ regulars. To his credit, he didn’t duck anything. Admitted McGhee is underrated but still insists he’s not proven to be in the 250. Says he doesn’t consider offers.

Reactions: VolsSince78
I heard the other day on a podcast that rivals only evaluates who they "see", meaning who paid to camp for them. Mcgahee probably did not camp for them, hence the low rating.

I heard the other day on a podcast that rivals only evaluates who they "see", meaning who paid to camp for them. Mcgahee probably did not camp for them, hence the low rating.
That’s common knowledge. Sadly...

Took a butt chompin from the Volquest GQ regulars. To his credit, he didn’t duck anything. Admitted McGhee is underrated but still insists he’s not proven to be in the 250. Says he doesn’t consider offers.
Probably the closest thing to an objective, professional evaluation any of these "journalists" do is consider offers. Those offers come from coaches and programs that use their own experience and professional recruiting services that break down every detail of a kids ability.

Guy sounds like his ego is too big for the job he holds.

Rob Cassidy of Rivals (who ranks players in FL) posted this on VQ...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

1596739840226.png

Reactions: VolsSince78
If they feel like they cannot evaluate a player because they did not see him, then why do they do the player a disservice by giving him a low ranking? That is beyond the pale. Should just put a not rated beside his name and they are not figured into any ranking or scoring.

VN Store

Back