FL CB Damarius McGhee

They were both 4* players though. Taylor was the 122nd ranked player in the country. Thomoson was the 301st ranked player in the country, and probably ranked low relative to his talent because it was thought he'd have a very small chance at actually qualifying academically.

Now, the better argument exists if you take the angle that both players were athletes primarily recruited to play WR, and this staff took both, and made highly effective CBs out of them, both of whom have started since their FR years.
Does this mean Keshawn Lawrence be the first true blue chip corner under Pruitt? His profile listed him as a safety but I think I read somewhere that he will be tried at cornerback.

Does this mean Keshawn Lawrence be the first true blue chip corner under Pruitt? His profile listed him as a safety but I think I read somewhere that he will be tried at cornerback.
Rather him play safety and start this year. I think both Taylor and Thompson come back for the Sr. year....well Taylor anyways. I think McGhee slides into potentially Thompson’s spot.

Reactions: Kristy*
Rather him play safety and start this year. I think both Taylor and Thompson come back for the Sr. year....well Taylor anyways. I think McGhee slides into potentially Thompson’s spot.
Yeah hopefully Thompson and Shamburger get drafted after this year. Then we can get the Derek Stingley of the 2022 class.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Nope, Jefferson was better than Chase, dude was a literal safety net for Burrough on every play, Chase just stacked stats because he was playing wide and Jefferson was in the slot
The slot is the one that usually has more receptions.

Chase would out jump, out fight and even sometimes out run defenders. He's a monster and absolutely was better than Jefferson.

Reactions: cncchris33
Jefferson stacked up 1,540 and 18 Td's from the slot.....
Ever stop to consider why Jefferson was open underneath so often for those 111 catches? You make it sound like Chase just outran a bunch of people on go routes. He's a complete WR who can play inside or outside. There is some serious question whether Jefferson can play outside of the slot, which is why many analysts and scouts questioned the pick for Minnesota, who already has Adam Thielen as their slot man.

Ever stop to consider why Jefferson was open underneath so often for those 111 catches? You make it sound like he just outran a bunch of people on go routes. He's a complete WR who can play inside or outside. There is some serious question whether Jefferson can play outside of the slot, which is why many analysts and scouts questioned the pick for Minnesota, who already has Adam Thielen as their slot man.
Jefferson is 6'3 and ran a 4.43 at the combine.... don't see how playing outside would be a real problem

Jefferson is 6'3 and ran a 4.43 at the combine.... don't see how playing outside would be a real problem
Well, if he is clearly better than Chase, then why wasn't he playing on the outside? And he's 6-1, not 6-3. We will just agree to disagree, but you carry the minority opinion of those that do this for a living.

Last edited:
Reactions: GojiraVol17

Our secondary would be nasty if AT and BT come back next year. I think both play very well this year.

VN Store

Back