FL CB Damarius McGhee

Pensecola (Fla.) Catholic Top247 cornerback Damarius McGhee named Tennessee, Ole Miss, Georgia, Miami and Louisville his leaders on Wednesday. "I'm trying to make a decision around the end of summer," McGhee told 247Sports over the phone.

McGhee, who was one of the biggest risers in 247Sports' most recent rankings update, did a virtual visit with Tennessee a few weeks ago. He said that the Volunteers are probably recruiting him harder than anyone else right now.

"It's a beautiful campus," McGhee said. "Me and [defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley] have a good connection, probably more so than the other DB coaches. Me and [Jeremy Pruitt] kind of got a good relationship too. I have always wanted to go up there ever since I got the offer. The stadium seems nice and they got a nice indoor."

McGhee was quick to note that if he signs with Tennessee, he's probably going to be playing with some other top talent. "They got a good looking class. I have looked at some of the people that they got committed, and I'm like this place must be nice," McGhee said.

McGhee hasn't been to Ole Miss before, but is very familiar with assistant Terrell Buckley. "Me and T-Buck are good," McGhee explained. "They were one of the first schools that offered me. T-Buck actually offered me when he was at [Mississippi State]." McGhee camped at Georgia the summer before his junior season. "I like it," McGhee said. "I like how [assistant Charlton Warren] runs his drills and all that. He doesn't call you out if you do something wrong, but he's going to make you better."

Miami didn't offer McGhee until Tuesday.
"I just want to go down there and visit," McGhee said. "Back in 2001 when they won a national championship, I really liked the defense. I have always liked their defense." Are the Hurricanes a little to late to the party? "No," McGhee said. "They still got time." McGhee doesn't have an exact date for a commitment, but acknowledged that it could come before the end of July or August. "Sometime before my season," he said.

McGhee is listed at 6-1, 162 pounds. The Under Armour All-American totaled 47 tackles and six interceptions as a junior for a Pensacola Catholic team that went 11-1 and made the 3A state playoffs while also getting snaps at quarterback. He has clocked a 4.56 on the lasers in the 40-yard dash and also posted a 4.25 in the short shuttle. The 247Sports' Crystal Ball doesn't currently hold any predictions from recruiting analysts.

- Andrew Ivins, 247

Pensecola (Fla.) Catholic Top247 cornerback Damarius McGhee named Tennessee, Ole Miss, Georgia, Miami and Louisville his leaders on Wednesday.

"I'm trying to make a decision around the end of summer," McGhee told 247Sports over the phone.

McGhee, who was one of the biggest risers in 247Sports' most recent rankings update, did a virtual visit with Tennessee a few weeks ago. He said that the Volunteers are probably recruiting him harder than anyone else right now.

"It's a beautiful campus," McGhee said. "Me and [defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley] have a good connection, probably more so than the other DB coaches. Me and [Jeremy Pruitt] kind of got a good relationship too. I have always wanted to go up there ever since I got the offer. The stadium seems nice and they got a nice indoor."

McGhee was quick to note that if he signs with Tennessee, he's probably going to be playing with some other top talent.

"They got a good looking class. I have looked at some of the people that they got committed, and I'm like this place must be nice," McGhee said.

McGhee hasn't been to Ole Miss before, but is very familiar with assistant Terrell Buckley.

"Me and T-Buck are good," McGhee explained. "They were one of the first schools that offered me. T-Buck actually offered me when he was at [Mississippi State]."

McGhee camped at Georgia the summer before his junior season.

"I like it," McGhee said. "I like how [assistant Charlton Warren] runs his drills and all that. He doesn't call you out if you do something wrong, but he's going to make you better."

Miami didn't offer McGhee until Tuesday.

"I just want to go down there and visit," McGhee said. "Back in 2001 when they won a national championship, I really liked the defense. I have always liked their defense."

Are the Hurricanes a little to late to the party?

"No," McGhee said. "They still got time."

McGhee doesn't have an exact date for a commitment, but acknowledged that it could come before the end of July or August.

"Sometime before my season," he said.

McGhee is listed at 6-1, 162 pounds. The Under Armour All-American totaled 47 tackles and six interceptions as a junior for a Pensacola Catholic team that went 11-1 and made the 3A state playoffs while also getting snaps at quarterback. He has clocked a 4.56 on the lasers in the 40-yard dash and also posted a 4.25 in the short shuttle. The 247Sports' Crystal Ball doesn't currently hold any predictions from recruiting analysts.

Sounds like we may be may be the leaders on this one. Would be a big pickup IMO at a position of need.

Edit... I got Swansoned.

This is multiple players who’ve said the same thing (Price being the other) that UT recruits them the hardest. Love hearing this
And what makes it even better is that signees AND recruits speak to the fact that Coach Pruitt is honest & straightforward. Far cry from the empty promises and lies from past regimes. I really feel that we’ve got a good thing going & Pruitt just gets it. We may have struck gold by hiring him.

247 - #89 overall player (300+ spot jump last update)

ESPN - 4-star

Rivals - 2 star 😂🤣😃

This guy is really on the come up. Offers by Miami, UGA, USC, Utah, IU...in just the past month.

Looks like another guy Pruitt and Co. were out in front of.

247 - #89 overall player (300+ spot jump last update)

ESPN - 4-star

Rivals - 2 star 😂🤣😃

This guy is really on the come up. Offers by Miami, UGA, USC, Utah, IU...in just the past month.

Looks like another guy Pruitt and Co. were out in front of.

To be fair, doesn't that (2 *) just mean they haven't evaluated him at all yet?

To be fair, doesn't that (2 *) just mean they haven't evaluated him at all yet?
I have no idea how Rivals works most of the time. Their ratings end at 6.1 and begin at 3.0 or 4.0 idk. None of it makes any sense at all.

You could be right. Maybe they should evaluate a kid with a couple dozen d1 offers though

I have no idea how Rivals works most of the time. Their ratings end at 6.1 and begin at 3.0 or 4.0 idk. None of it makes any sense at all.

You could be right. Maybe they should evaluate a kid with a couple dozen d1 offers though
Rivals works when they go to a Rivals camp...otherwise, rivals shyts on them.

Supposedly, it's science.

VN Store

Back