'21 FL S Corey Collier

THE LATEST: Five-star defensive back
Corey Collier recorded an interception as the Miami Palmetto High School defense he helps lead posted a shutout in its Kickoff Classic game against Western High on Thursday. Following the game, Collier named four schools of interest and discusses each below.

IN HIS WORDS:

ON IN-SEASON VISITS:
“I’m still trying to figure that out. I’m going to talk with my coach and figure that out but I don’t know for sure just yet.”

ON SCHOOLS HE’S MOST INTERESTED IN:
“Tennessee, Clemson, Miami. Oh, and South Carolina too.”

ON TENNESEE:
“With them, I love the defense they run. That’s what the draw is. I love that defense. The DB coach there is very hard on his players and I like that. I like somebody that pushes me hard every single day to get me where I want to be. I like being coached hard, and he does that.”

ON MIAMI:
“I’m very close with Miami. I’m very close with Coach [Ephraim] Banda. I love him, man. He doesn’t sugarcoat things. He tells you, even if he disagrees with you. If you’re wrong, he’ll tell you straight up that you are wrong. I like that.”

ON SOUTH CAROLINA:
‘I love it. I love. I love it a lot. I like the players there and the safeties they have already there.”

ON HIS TRIP TO SOUTH CAROLINA:
“I’ve been up there once for a camp, and I loved it. I loved the campus and everyone I met. It was raining so I didn’t see everything, but I loved what I saw. I loved the dorms a lot.”

ON CLEMSON:
“Right now, Clemson is way up there. I loved everything about Clemson.”

ON HIS CLEMSON VISIT:
“I loved it. I loved Coach Dabo Swinney and what he has done with that program. I like the DBs coach as well. He’s been talking to me a little bit. Not a lot, but a little. I like him.”

ON FACTORS HE’S TAKING INTO ACCOUNT:
“Education first. Education and depth charts. I want to know who they are recruiting at my position. I pay attention to that. I know I have to work to play right away, but I still want to be smart about it, you know?”

-Rivals

There is a wide disparity across the industry when it comes to the ranking of five-star Corey Collier from Miami (Fla.) Palmetto.

In the latest rankings of 2021 prospects, Collier has moved down only three spots, but has stayed in the top 10 checking in at ninth overall and second in the state of Florida rankings behind only safety James Williams from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Western.

Collier is a big cornerback at 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds and with more than 30 offers it sounds like Tennessee, Clemson, Miami and South Carolina have jumped out to an early lead in his recruitment.

“Collier has excellent size and when you watch him on film and in person he closes on the ball so well. That’s because he has great natural instincts and he’s a very aggressive cornerback. I love the way he helps in run support and can be left on an island and lock down a side.

Rivals.com - Ask Farrell: What stands out about five-star Corey Collier?

Man. 247’s and Rivals’ thoughts on this guy couldn’t be more conflicting lol. Rivals has him as a 5-star and top 25 player. 247’s player eval says he’s solid and might make a 3rd day NFL draft pick.

Cracks me up every time I see them predict his draft round. If I worked there I would do everything I could to stop that. The ACTUAL scouts for the NFL have a tough time picking the right players and allowing better to slip. These guys though they KNOW, that's funny s#@! there.

VN Store

Back