'19 FL ATH Mark Richards

Yeah probably about on par. Richmond sucks
i hate taling ish about players.

but the two guys i'm most disappointed in thus far are Kongbo and Richmond.

both of those guys, if they could ever reach their potential could be difference makers for this team. they're both just non factors and in Richmond's case, he's been a liability at times.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
i hate taling ish about players.

but the two guys i'm most disappointed in thus far are Kongbo and Richmond.

both of those guys, if they could ever reach their potential could be difference makers for this team. they're both just non factors and in Richmond's case, he's been a liability at times.
Kongbo at least flashed some this past Saturday and got some pressures on the QB. He didn’t finish, but he was getting there and affecting the QB. Richmond is just meh. Hope he proves us all wrong starting Saturday night.

I don’t think the Richmond trash talk is warranted. Butch immediately moved him to LT once he got to UT, whereas Richmond played RT in high school and was a stud there. RT and LT is about the same difference as being left handed and right handed. Now Richmond is back to RT.

He’s not had an easy college career so far. Also keep in mind he’s only been back at RT for a brief time, basically only since mid August when Smith was cleared. I think he’ll improve each game.

I don’t think the Richmond trash talk is warranted. Butch immediately moved him to LT once he got to UT, whereas Richmond played RT in high school and was a stud there. RT and LT is about the same difference as being left handed and right handed. Now Richmond is back to RT.

He’s not had an easy college career so far. Also keep in mind he’s only been back at RT for a brief time, basically only since mid August when Smith was cleared. I think he’ll improve each game.
Good point. No one has trash talked him. Do you not think that we want him to succeed? Of course we do. Up to this point though, he’s been very meh. I certainly hope he improves dramatically starting Saturday night. We need him to be good at RT.

if RT is his natural position, and he's been moved back to RT to give him the opportunity to be successful, and he's a SR....at what point does it click for him?

he got pushed around last weekend (on play wound up flat on his back) and had 4 called penalties against him.

yeah, it's warranted. i don't like doing it, because i know all these kids are working hard, but at some point, you can either play at this level or you can't. and so far, Richmond has not come close to living up to his 5* status.

and really, neither has Trey Smith so far this season. our Tackles have got to get better. fast. there was concern in the off season about moving Smith from Gaurd to Tackle. i think most, self included, worry less about Smith because we've seen him dominate, and it may just be the learning curve of making the position switch. wheras Richmond has been all over the line, he's a SR and still hasn't shown any level of quality SEC OL play.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
if RT is his natural position, and he's been moved back to RT to give him the opportunity to be successful, and he's a SR....at what point does it click for him?

he got pushed around last weekend (on play wound up flat on his back) and had 4 called penalties against him.

yeah, it's warranted. i don't like doing it, because i know all these kids are working hard, but at some point, you can either play at this level or you can't. and so far, Richmond has not come close to living up to his 5* status.

and really, neither has Trey Smith so far this season. our Tackles have got to get better. fast. there was concern in the off season about moving Smith from Gaurd to Tackle. i think most, self included, worry less about Smith because we've seen him dominate, and it may just be the learning curve of making the position switch. wheras Richmond has been all over the line, he's a SR and still hasn't shown any level of quality SEC OL play.
Richmond’s a RS Junior.

And I am still waiting to meet Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy.

Reactions: Lefteye
Playing wise it certainly is. 🤪

As far as 'time in the system' a redshirt junior aka 4th year junior is the same as a true senior , are they not.

Anyway, I wasn't meaning to argue, just having fun..

Byrd and CFA have been definitely head scratchers. Both are from Naples from a small HS that doesn't play the competition that the South Florida HS play in Miami and Broward County or even Palm Beach. But that being said, Canes really wanted Byrd big-time as a CB/S but Canes wasn't so much into CFA as RB after the injury in HS. I could see both transferring as Grad transfers if they both get their degree early in the future.

As far as 'time in the system' a redshirt junior aka 4th year junior is the same as a true senior , are they not.

Anyway, I wasn't meaning to argue, just having fun..
If you don’t think playing in a game matters.

VN Store

Back