Caziah Holmes, Cocoa, Athlete
Caziah Holmes, 2020 Athlete - Rivals
Caziah Holmes on Hudl

Reactions: FïreBall and T Dog
Vols Recruitment Timeline
2/20/2019 - Vols offer. (.9185) composite at time of offer. Post offer article
6/21/2019 - Official Visit

Last edited:
Four-star Class of 2020 athlete Caziah Holmes of Cocoa (Fla.) High School picked up a scholarship offer from the Vols on Wednesday, four days before he was named running back MVP at the regional event and ran a 4.49-second 40-yard dash there. The 5-foot-11.5, 179-pound Holmes said he “definitely was" excited to get an offer from Tennessee during a conversation Wednesday with Vols defensive line coach Tracy Rocker.

Holmes said he’s not sure yet whether he might visit Tennessee, but he has heard good things about the Vols. “I know Tennessee’s real good,” said Holmes. "They’ve got a history of winning national championships. I know Alvin Kamara went there. It’s a big school down there. “The SEC is one of the best conference in college football, so it definitely was (exciting).”

Holmes, who worked as a running back during Sunday’s camp, said he believes “I’m a better playmaker on the offensive side of the ball than defense.” He said Rocker told him that the Vols “see me as an athlete.” “He said I’m a ballplayer,” Holmes said, recalling his conversation with Rocker. "I’ve got great ball skills. I run the ball very well. I’m just an athlete. “Basically, he asked me what I want to play right now. I could play running back, slot wide receiver — anything — but I prefer more of the offensive side of the ball.”

Miami, Ohio State and Florida State are the three schools currently standing out to Holmes, he said. A trip to Florida State on Feb. 2 is the only visit he has taken so far this year, but he said he’s hoping to visit Miami soon — perhaps the weekend of March 16 — and travel to Ohio State this spring. His track schedule other might limit his travel plans over the next couple of months. That’s one of the reasons he hasn’t made any plans to visit Tennessee so far.

“I’ve never been up there, but they’re trying to get me to go up there,” Holmes said. "I’m just going to play out all my options, plan it out, see what I’m going to do. I’ve got track right now.”

The highly-contested race in the recruitment of Caziah Holmes is taking shape on deck of his first official visit. While the Cocoa (Fla.) star admits Florida State is still out front, a trio of other programs are set to get him on campus in an official capacity this month.

"I got Kentucky OV Wednesday through Friday," he told 247Spots. "Penn State June 14-16, Tennessee 21-23."

The near 6-foot, 190-pound Holmes is taking the pair of SEC East trips with fellow coveted Cocoa standout and offensive lineman Richard Leonard. The two are admittedly close but stop short of ensuring a package deal of sorts. Leonard is a previous Kentucky commitment down to seven schools, with a commitment date set for July 5.

Holmes says he is likely to come off the board somewhere thereafter. "Probably end of summer," he said.

Florida State (twice), Florida, Auburn and Miami have hosted Holmes on unofficial visits since March. He told 247Sports he does not know which program could receive the final two official visits he is allotted and there is a scenario in which he does not take the additional trips. Ohio State and West Virginia were previously mentioned as potential visit destinations.

Holmes, who is looking to enroll at his program of choice in January, is currently considered the nation's No. 10 athlete projection on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite measure. On 247Sports he is No. 7 at the position and the No. 135 overall prospect in the class of 2020. Florida State holds the sole 247Sports Crystal Ball selection at this time.

Taking his OV to UT with Richard Leonard? Nice.

Yea, I’m in these kids ears but to some of them it’s hard to get away. Think it’ll be
the U or FSU. Dads one, moms other. But you never know I guess.

VN Store

Back