'21 FL ATH Brashard Smith (Miami commit)

Understandable but Wright wasn't a early take, he really kicked off the spree. Graham wanted him, knowing we were on the verge of landing Evans & Brown. Now guys like Jay Jones, Howard etc is who come to mind when I think recruited over.
Nate Evans
Jay Jones
And Elijah Howard I can see getting a git shirt

Roc Taylor I can see going elsewhere
I think Mosely goes elsewhere
I also think Darrell Jackson goes to FSU with his buddy.

Reactions: jakez4ut
What's dumb about star ratings is most people would want him over Moseley but we will hear about our lower star rating if we make that switch.

Nate Evans
Jay Jones

i can see all this too, but for whatever reason, i think Howard has a spot....he's been in the boat for while....has been relatively vocal on social media regarding all the recruiting momentum....of the ones listed, he'd be the one i'd be the least surprised about staying put.

i can see all this too, but for whatever reason, i think Howard has a spot....he's been in the boat for while....has been relatively vocal on social media regarding all the recruiting momentum....of the ones listed, he'd be the one i'd be the least surprised about staying put.
I am seeing that scenario also.

Nate Evans
Jay Jones

1st 2 maybe .. but no way you GIT an in state kid (Howard). Burns too many bridges for future recruiting years. Now .. they may try to convince him to Blue Shirt and spin it to him that they can add more great teammates in his class if he does.

1st 2 maybe .. but no way you GIT an in state kid (Howard). Burns too many bridges for future recruiting years. Now .. they may try to convince him to Blue Shirt and spin it to him that they can add more great teammates in his class if he does.
is he even eligible to blue shirt? dunno if he OV'd or if Pruitt went in home? if not, then yeah, i could see that.

is he even eligible to blue shirt? dunno if he OV'd or if Pruitt went in home? if not, then yeah, i could see that.
Pretty sure he is still eligible w/ no "official" visit yet. UT normally saves that OV for local kids to the end just in case they need a last minute BS. Since Howard is so close to campus, it's not much difference for him to take a UOV vs OV.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Pretty sure he is still eligible w/ no "official" visit yet. UT normally saves that OV for local kids to the end just in case they need a last minute BS. Since Howard is so close to campus, it's not much difference for him to take a UOV vs OV.
yeah, i just wasn't sure if he did or not. if not, then it makes sense.

I don’t think he can OV til his senior season which does include this upcoming Summer. Tricky wicket is that to blueshirt, you’re not supposed to have been OFFICIALLY RECRUITED...which encompasses more than official visits to the campus. After Devo made a point, I double checked Will Albright’s timeline and found that he never officially visited but had two unofficial visits. He also was fully recruited with coaches visits and such. Despite LA’s lamentage and outcry, I don’t believe he was eligible for a blueshirt.

I'm new to recruiting, so can you please tell me what "GIT shirt" is? I think blue shirt can be given to someone who has never official visited the campus.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm new to recruiting, so can you please tell me what "GIT shirt" is? I think blue shirt can be given to someone who has never official visited the campus.
It’s what it sounds like. Thank them for their commit and tell them to GIT...but they can keep their shirt.

A revocation of scholarship offer. As in: “You leave, now. Go on, git!”

I don’t think he can OV til his senior season which does include this upcoming Summer. Tricky wicket is that to blueshirt, you’re not supposed to have been OFFICIALLY RECRUITED...which encompasses more than official visits to the campus. After Devo made a point, I double checked Will Albright’s timeline and found that he never officially visited but had two unofficial visits. He also was fully recruited with coaches visits and such. Despite LA’s lamentage and outcry, I don’t believe he was eligible for a blueshirt.
yeah, good point on the Sr. season and OV's....forgot about that....but i thought it was pretty specific on the blue shirt eligibility, regarding "offically recruited" verbiage...meaninmg OV's and in homes by the head coach...if there's other recruiting activities that qualify as being officially recruited, i don't know them so not gonna argue, well, at least not to the point where i delete all my posts and ghost the board....lol.

suffice to say, if he is eligible to blue shirt, it would make sense to do so.

It’s what it sounds like. Thank them for their commit and tell them to GIT...but they can keep their shirt.
what he said.

Reactions: tellicoflash
yeah, good point on the Sr. season and OV's....forgot about that....but i thought it was pretty specific on the blue shirt eligibility, regarding "offically recruited" verbiage...meaninmg OV's and in homes by the head coach...if there's other recruiting activities that qualify as being officially recruited, i don't know them so not gonna argue, well, at least not to the point where i delete all my posts and ghost the board....lol.

suffice to say, if he is eligible to blue shirt, it would make sense to do so.
You’re pinning a lot on brand loyalty to a school when you do so...is all I’m saying. We’ve had a litany of VFL’s throughout history who would have jumped through hoops to play here, but when you take the modern athlete who has their own brand by freshman or sophomore season (if not before) then even their lifelong favorite school needs to “show them love”. Bama at it’s best the past decade could sell 4 star recruits on grayshirting on occasion. Seeing less examples of that. Another school will endlessly besiege them as “keys to their signing class” until they bite and take the free ride. Now Howard may fall into the line of acceptable casualty and be worth the risk. But that’s a spot out of the NEXT CLASS. If you’re going to cut numbers on future studs we might be in on if this staff builds on the momentum, the spot you lost better be more than a blueshirt level recruit. Cade Mays, Deangelo Gibbs and JT Daniels (if we can land him) don’t generate a regret. Tim Jordan’s been a good player, but if we brought him in from another program would you swap?

Reactions: Maryvillevol37
The other big deal besides the OV for NOT being OFFICIALLY RECRUITED is the coaches cannot visits the recruit or his Family off campus.. so no coaches visit at player's home. However, visiting him and his Family on campus and at the player's school does not affect being a Blue Shirt.

The other big deal besides the OV for NOT being OFFICIALLY RECRUITED is the coaches cannot visits the recruit or his Family off campus.. so no coaches visit at player's home. However, visiting him and his Family on campus and at the player's school is OK.
All true.

You’re pinning a lot on brand loyalty to a school when you do so...is all I’m saying. We’ve had a litany of VFL’s throughout history who would have jumped through hoops to play here, but when you take the modern athlete who has their own brand by freshman or sophomore season (if not before) then even their lifelong favorite school needs to “show them love”. Bama at it’s best the past decade could sell 4 star recruits on grayshirting on occasion. Seeing less examples of that. Another school will endlessly besiege them as “keys to their signing class” until they bite and take the free ride. Now Howard may fall into the line of acceptable casualty and be worth the risk. But that’s a spot out of the NEXT CLASS. If you’re going to cut numbers on future studs we might be in on if this staff builds on the momentum, the spot you lost better be more than a blueshirt level recruit. Cade Mays, Deangelo Gibbs and JT Daniels (if we can land him) don’t generate a regret. Tim Jordan’s been a good player, but if we brought him in from another program would you swap?
probably not, no.

and we've discussed this before, i'm hesitant to put the future on credit too. of late, there's been very few instances i'd be in favor of blue shirting....and if there's an opportunity to up grade howard's spot, i don't really doubt this staff will do it.

and i'm not saying i'm in favor of doing it with howard, just of the guys in the class right now, and my 'feeling' that howard is one they'd like to keep, he could make the most sense as a candidate for it.

but knowing the 22 class is pretty loaded, and if we do anything this season worthy of keeping and building on the momentum we've seemingly got going, then i would probably be against taking spots away from next year.....cause it would most likely mean we'd have to blue shirt next cycle to fill that class, and it may be more difficult to find candidates for that.............

VN Store

Back