FIVE BANDS...YOU CANNOT STAND?

(1) Whitesnake - the biggest Led Zeppelin rip off ever and that club has significant membership. David Coverdale even tried
to look like Robert Plant... Plant used to refer to him as "David Cover version". Coverdale went as far as to personally pay Jimmy Page to cut an album with him in 1993. it was horrible.

(2) Def Leppard - see #1... but a really lightweight pop version,

(3) Warrant - They recorded extra cheesy songs, and were too much like other glam rock bands at the time... except much worse.

(4) Korn - I bought their CD, "Issues", in the late 90's because I liked the song "Falling Away From Me", which was the 2nd track on the album. Listening to the rest of it was akin to self torture.

(5) The Offspring - There wasn't a safe place to hide from "Pretty Fly (for a white guy)" in 1998. I hated everything about them.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Little Big Town
Florida GA Line
Everclear
Nickelback
Maroon 5

I know you said 5, but I would like to add 30 Seconds to Mars and basically any other Emo band. Just plain garbage music.

All great choices - hard to pick between AIC or Soundgarden for me.

With music generally, no matter the genre, I'm usually more interested in the instrumentation than vocals, but I've always been a huge fan of Chris Cornell's voice. It's pretty rare when I listen to music and think "Man, that guy can sing" but have always thought that about Cornell. He was an incredible singer.
I loved Soundgarden. My all time favorite album is "Superunknown".

Soundgarden's albums were known for their intimidating length. There are 15 tracks on Superunknown... without a bad song on it. Even the 'B side' stuff was great.

I liked "Let Me Drown", "Head Down", "4th of July" and "Fresh Tendrils" even more than the songs which were released as singles.

My favorite song will always be "Outshined" from Badmotorfinger, though. Nobody rocks out like that anymore.

I also just like listening to anything which showcases Cornell's voice. I have even listened to his version of "Ave Maria" quite a bit, especially since his death in 2017... and it's beautiful. He could have sang the phone book and it would have kept me enraptured. In hindsight, the suicide probably shouldn't have been a surprise. He definitely had a disturbing preoccupation with the topic. It was a common theme in his songs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 05_never_again
Little Big Town
Florida GA Line
Everclear
Nickelback
Maroon 5

I know you said 5, but I would like to add 30 Seconds to Mars and basically any other Emo band. Just plain garbage music.

Little Big Town and their vocal harmony has no business being mentioned with those other groups.

(1) Whitesnake - the biggest Led Zeppelin rip off ever and that club has significant membership. David Coverdale even tried
to look like Robert Plant... Plant used to refer to him as "David Cover version". Coverdale went as far as to personally pay Jimmy Page to cut an album with him in 1993. it was horrible.

(2) Def Leppard - see #1... but a really lightweight pop version,

(3) Warrant - They recorded extra cheesy songs, and were too much like other glam rock bands at the time... except much worse.

(4) Korn - I bought their CD, "Issues", in the late 90's because I liked the song "Falling Away From Me", which was the 2nd track on the album. Listening to the rest of it was akin to self torture.

(5) The Offspring - There wasn't a safe place to hide from "Pretty Fly (for a white guy)" in 1998. I hated everything about them.

I moved in HS to a small town in the late 90's and a bunch of my new friends were into all the 80's butt rock bands. So many ballads. So so many. The novelty wore off pretty quickly and I don't care for most of that genre, especially Def Leppard. A group of them went to a concert and for months after it's the only thing any of them had playing in their cars. Kill me. We'll go out dancing with all of our friends and my wife will go wild for Pour Some Sugar and everybody thinks it's so great and I'm just sitting there thinking "I fkn hate this song."

I moved in HS to a small town in the late 90's and a bunch of my new friends were into all the 80's butt rock bands. So many ballads. So so many. The novelty wore off pretty quickly and I don't care for most of that genre, especially Def Leppard. A group of them went to a concert and for months after it's the only thing any of them had playing in their cars. Kill me. We'll go out dancing with all of our friends and my wife will go wild for Pour Some Sugar and everybody thinks it's so great and I'm just sitting there thinking "I fkn hate this song."
Remember Love Bites from that same album? Ugh. In the summer of 1988, I went to Myrtle Beach from Knoxville with my best friend at the time and his family. I was forced to listen to that song probably 20 times on the way there. To this day, I think it must have been because they didn't really want me tagging along, and were trying to get me to jump from the car. If that was their plan, it almost worked.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Yet their music is trash. Adam Levine is a great singer too, but Maroon 5's music is largely mainstream garbage.

To be fair to Maroon 5 here, they're music isn't bad, though their newest album is trash. I just really can't stand Adam Levine. He seems so full of himself. Just like Bono.

Greta Van Fleet is the only band that makes me physically cringe.
I think it’s bc I love Led Zeppelin so much, and they’re clearly trying to rip them off. I didn’t have a huge problem until I heard the lead singer say he had never listened to Zeppelin. Clearly a bald-faced lie. And they’re so stinking boring on stage. I’d just love to smack that kid!

Greta Van Fleet is the only band that makes me physically cringe.
I think it’s bc I love Led Zeppelin so much, and they’re clearly trying to rip them off. I didn’t have a huge problem until I heard the lead singer say he had never listened to Zeppelin. Clearly a bald-faced lie. And they’re so stinking boring on stage. I’d just love to smack that kid!

Haven't listened to much GVF. Listening to them now and while I clearly hear Zeppelin in their music, they remind me more of Rush. Of course, Zeppelin was a huge inspiration for Rush too.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
1. Grateful Dead
2. Phish
3. Imagine Dragons
4. Coldplay - Their first album was magnificent, but since then, they have sucked a**
5. Maroon 5

Honorable mention - whoever sings that horrid Applebee's commercial song.

VN Store

Back