First Time Homebuyer

Tri-CitiesVol

Is there software that will allow you to upload pictures of your home and edit color schemes to see what various paint and siding changes look like?

Just a word of caution... while these tools are helpful in picking out colors, it is very likely that the color of the paint chosen will look different on your computer screen than it does in real life. I would suggest bringing home swabs of very similar color ranges to find out which one best matches what you are seeing on your computer.

This doesn't have an upload option, but you can paint various exteriors and interior rooms to "try on" colors.

ColorSnap® Visualizer for Web

Home Depot/Behr has a similar tool

I’ll have to see if I can get it to work on a PC (doesn’t on an iPhone) but their program claims to let you upload a photo of your room and “paint” it

Attachments

• DDAAE6ED-7A6C-40E2-9F95-25D2258B6321.png
    DDAAE6ED-7A6C-40E2-9F95-25D2258B6321.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I’ll have to see if I can get it to work on a PC (doesn’t on an iPhone) but their program claims to let you upload a photo of your room and “paint” it
Oh cool, I don't think that was an option the last time we were paint shopping. Hope it works!

Another note: look at some of the "idea brochures" at the paint store. Benjamin Moore and Behr both usually have a good selection. Most of my paint comes from Sherwin Williams (better price, and the guys that paint for me like their products), but they can color match any color from a competing brand.

Just a word of caution... while these tools are helpful in picking out colors, it is very likely that the color of the paint chosen will look different on your computer screen than it does in real life. I would suggest bringing home swabs of very similar color ranges to find out which one best matches what you are seeing on your computer.
This. As a designer there is no subsitutitue for an actual color chip in direct sunlight. Or painting a stretch yourself.

Your monitor/screen can make the colors not true by a long shot.

word of warning - if you want to paint something gray there are a bazillion versions of gray and none of them are gray; they all have some other color that appears once you put them on the wall (blue, purple, green, yellow, beige).

ask me how I know.

My Repose Gray looks pretty gray. It is a lighter gray, I guess.

My Repose Gray looks pretty gray. It is a lighter gray, I guess.
That's pretty close to BM Revere Pewter, which we have used in multiple areas of our house. It's a great neutral gray tone that coordinates with several color palates.

I have about 10 gray sample jars at the house. I'm very glad I do. So many of them look brown or purple in my house. Finally found the gray I was looking for.

word of warning - if you want to paint something gray there are a bazillion versions of gray and none of them are gray; they all have some other color that appears once you put them on the wall (blue, purple, green, yellow, beige).
I am a house painter and I approve this message

I used the Home Depot app (Project Color) for the iphone. It is nice for getting a general idea of color and you can take photos of the wall to see what schemes you do like and to narrow the color range. My wife wanted a light color with a dark blue accent wall for a room originally. We were able to take a photo and get an idea of how it looked with the other furniture in the room. Wasn't perfect especially if you had a bunch of photos and/or things on the wall, but it was good for trying different ideas and combinations. Once we narrowed the color down, we went to the paint section and compared tiles to the phone color and then grabbed the sample cans of the few we thought we liked.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
I used the Home Depot app (Project Color) for the iphone. It is nice for getting a general idea of color and you can take photos of the wall to see what schemes you do like and to narrow the color range. My wife wanted a light color with a dark blue accent wall for a room originally. We were able to take a photo and get an idea of how it looked with the other furniture in the room. Wasn't perfect especially if you had a bunch of photos and/or things on the wall, but it was good for trying different ideas and combinations. Once we narrowed the color down, we went to the paint section and compared tiles to the phone color and then grabbed the sample cans of the few we thought we liked.

I appreciate the insight.

Love the avi

Reactions: volkyries

VN Store

Back