First game in a while, have some questions!!

charden0813

So my wife and I are going to the Georgia game for our anniversary. She has never been to a game and I haven't been in years. We have a room close and we are wanting to get an Uber to and from the game. Where would be the best place for the Uber to drop us off before the game so we can be in close vicinity to maybe a sports bar and the stadium? Also where would be the best place to have an Uber pick us up after the game? Thank you in advance!!!

Reactions: JoyrideGina
Before games I've seen UBER riders dropped off at the Torchbearer statue at Circle Park, but it might be easier to walk to downtown to be picked up afterwards. Downtown would actually be a good place to be dropped off as well. It's about a 2 mile walk to the stadium. You can find an adult beverage on the Riverfront or Cumberland Avenue or downtown or The Old City.

Before games I've seen UBER riders dropped off at the Torchbearer statue at Circle Park, but it might be easier to walk to downtown to be picked up afterwards. Downtown would actually be a good place to be dropped off as well. It's about a 2 mile walk to the stadium. You can find an adult beverage on the Riverfront or Cumberland Avenue or downtown or The Old City.

Thank you sir!!

The Old City Lot (City of Knoxville owned lot) is usually free parking...even during the games. From there you can access ride share options easily. Keep in mind that the city closes some streets before and after the game so getting away from campus after the game can be an exercise in patience in a vehicle. Field House Social at the Publix shopping center is a good before and after sports joint to spend time. Not sure how they handle parking down there in the shopping center during games.

If your hotel is one of the nine that are downtown...then you have access to over 75 restaurants/bars within a short walk. If you are staying outside of the downtown area, uber into the market square/gay street area for the best non-campus experience.

Reactions: flowbe209
And there is a 5x surge fee on gamedays usually around 2 hours before and after the game time. There are golf carts available as well but they get expensive. Like 100$ from downtown to the stadium. You can pick up a round trip city trolley from Krutch Park to the hill for about 10$ round trip. And there are those death scooters

And there is a 5x surge fee on gamedays usually around 2 hours before and after the game time. There are golf carts available as well but they get expensive. Like 100$ from downtown to the stadium. You can pick up a round trip city trolley from Krutch Park to the hill for about 10$ round trip. And there are those death scooters
I drive for the golf cart guys...typically it is $5/per person for a one way ride to torchbearer/law school/etc from downtown. We charge a little more going from places like Calhouns because it takes longer.

The Trolleys are also a good option, although a little more expensive per person. Not sure where they drop off near stadium though.
They are on a set route.

The golf carts can drop passengers off in various places upon request, but cannot go beyond road closed barriers.

Please avoid the "Death scooters" bigdaddy mentioned. Unless you are feeling frisky and want to be a thrill seeker. At least wait until after the game if you are gonna try them.

I drive for the golf cart guys...typically it is $5/per person for a one way ride to torchbearer/law school/etc from downtown. We charge a little more going from places like Calhouns because it takes longer.

The Trolleys are also a good option, although a little more expensive per person. Not sure where they drop off near stadium though.
They are on a set route.

The golf carts can drop passengers off in various places upon request, but cannot go beyond road closed barriers.

Please avoid the "Death scooters" bigdaddy mentioned. Unless you are feeling frisky and want to be a thrill seeker. At least wait until after the game if you are gonna try them.
I must have got a bad quote from the golf cart guys. I tried to reserve one last year from the brewery on gay street to 17th clinch. They told me 100bucks. My bad. I’ll def use the golf carts this year to tailgate hop

I must have got a bad quote from the golf cart guys. I tried to reserve one last year from the brewery on gay street to 17th clinch. They told me 100bucks. My bad. I’ll def use the golf carts this year to tailgate hop
Big Daddy...
If you wanna make a reservation for a game day pick up...i think it is $50 for a guaranteed pick up time and pick up place thru the app. But if you just flag a driver down...it is $5 per person point to point.
Honestly...game days are crazy busy. It's best to get to know a few of the drivers and get their cell #'s prior to game days. That way you can call them. I had passengers fighting over a cart last year. If you see an empty cart...get in it. That's my best advice.

Some drivers run regular routes prior to the game (example: publix/university commons to torchbearer); they just make a continuous loop between those two locations. The common areas to flag a cart down are Clinch Concourse at convention center, Market Square (both sides), Gay street, Area garages and hotels. Calhouns pick ups are more expensive because it takes longer to get to campus (we can't use Neyland Dr. so we have to go back thru downtown.)

Big Daddy...
If you wanna make a reservation for a game day pick up...i think it is $50 for a guaranteed pick up time and pick up place thru the app. But if you just flag a driver down...it is $5 per person point to point.
Honestly...game days are crazy busy. It's best to get to know a few of the drivers and get their cell #'s prior to game days. That way you can call them. I had passengers fighting over a cart last year. If you see an empty cart...get in it. That's my best advice.

Some drivers run regular routes prior to the game (example: publix/university commons to torchbearer); they just make a continuous loop between those two locations. The common areas to flag a cart down are Clinch Concourse at convention center, Market Square (both sides), Gay street, Area garages and hotels. Calhouns pick ups are more expensive because it takes longer to get to campus (we can't use Neyland Dr. so we have to go back thru downtown.)
Good info. It’s was in the beginning stages of the app so this may not apply. But I used a joyride to take my friend from Sapphire to Clancy’s (she is handicap and has a lame foot) and it charged me 12$ on the app to go 3 blocks. This was about the same time I was quoted 100 for a game day reservation for 4. But I didn’t know you could flag down a driver. Is it cash only if I do that?

Good info. It’s was in the beginning stages of the app so this may not apply. But I used a joyride to take my friend from Sapphire to Clancy’s (she is handicap and has a lame foot) and it charged me 12$ on the app to go 3 blocks. This was about the same time I was quoted 100 for a game day reservation for 4. But I didn’t know you could flag down a driver. Is it cash only if I do that?
You can pay cash or with a card if you flag a driver down. With the app...the charge on game day is $5 per person point to point (whether you go 3 blocks or 10 blocks)...plus I think it is set to give an automatic gratuity (which you can go in an alter at the end of the ride.) The app rides come in several categories...setting a reservation for future time pick up on game day cost much more than just ordering up a ride with pick up time asap.
It is challenging to get an app ride on game day just because it is so busy.

I personally don't like the auto gratuity because...when given the chance...most people tip more than the auto amount. My two cents.

You can pay cash or with a card if you flag a driver down. With the app...the charge on game day is $5 per person point to point (whether you go 3 blocks or 10 blocks)...plus I think it is set to give an automatic gratuity (which you can go in an alter at the end of the ride.) The app rides come in several categories...setting a reservation for future time pick up on game day cost much more than just ordering up a ride with pick up time asap.
It is challenging to get an app ride on game day just because it is so busy.

I personally don't like the auto gratuity because...when given the chance...most people tip more than the auto amount. My two cents.
I’m going to give a flag down a try this season. Thanks!

Big Daddy...

So with the golf cart rides from Calhouns do we just call someone or what? Also how much would you say it was?

So with the golf cart rides from Calhouns do we just call someone or what? Also how much would you say it was?
Charden0813...between now and when season begins...track down a few drivers and get their #'s! That is the best way to get a ride from Calhouns. Honestly...everytime I tried to get to Calhouns last season, someone would jump in my cart before I could get all the way down there.
So in order to get there...we basically have to turn away business. That's another reason we charge more. It's generally $10/per person from Calhouns.

Now...another option that is a nice compromise is for the passengers to take the foot bridge from Volunteer Landing across Neyland Dr. to the base of the City/County Building. We can easily pick people up from the corner of West Hill Avenue and Walnut st. (near the rear of the First Baptist Church.) There is an elevator at the base of Volunteer Landing to get you up to the foot bridge. There is a bit of a hill to get from the foot bridge up to the pick up point...it is a short walk...but steep. We are NOT allowed to go down that street to the foot bridge because it is one-way going up hill. Max passengers per cart is 5 so if you have more than 5 in your party...tell the driver how many you have so they can bring a second cart.

DM me for more info. I'm clogging up this thread.

Reactions: charden0813

VN Store

Back