First Game at TBA

RoSmitty12

Will be flying to Nashville for work Thursday and Friday next week and am thinking about heading to Knox for the Alabama game Saturday at 2 est.

Few questions:

1. Any recommendations on things to do before the game? (have been to football games, just not sure best bet before basketball)
2. Best place to find single ticket? (assuming just 3rd party website)
3. Is taking a greyhound from Nash to Knox the best bet? (rather not spend money to rent a car)

Not a lot happening before basketball games, although since it was warm there were several tailgates before the last game. You can grab a sandwich in the WhichWitch at the NE corner of the TBA (at street level... closest to Neyland Stadium). Of course the Strip is open and about a mile away to the north. New Student Union could be open, but I think that the old Student Center used to be closed on Saturdays.

Will be flying to Nashville for work Thursday and Friday next week and am thinking about heading to Knox for the Alabama game Saturday at 2 est.

Few questions:

1. Any recommendations on things to do before the game? (have been to football games, just not sure best bet before basketball)
3. Is taking a greyhound from Nash to Knox the best bet? (rather not spend money to rent a car)
The bus station is downtown. It is a quick walk to the Old City and Market Square, both have many food/bar options. I would recommend Tupelo Honey or Cafe 4 for dining and Preservation Pub for live music, booze, and a laid-back atmosphere. Campus is also a quick walk from downtown.
I heard during the Vol Network broadcast today that the Bama game is sold out, so it should be a great atmosphere. I went to my first basketball game at TBA last spring when we played Georgia. That dunk by Admiral is one of my favorite Vol memories in all sports, I thought the roof was going to blow off the place. We had a blast, it is a great venue. Have fun OP and be loud!

Reactions: Vol49er

Few questions:

Rent the car. Also 2pm game, so I really recommend getting into Knoxville around 11:30am. Go get lunch and a drink at Sweet Ps Downtown Dive, outstanding BBQ and cold beer. If you can't make it in that early then go there for dinner afterwards. You will not be disappointed. Drive from there to AG campus around 12:30 park for free and ride free shuttle over to TBA. There will be tons of people near the ticket office and ramps selling tickets so a single won't be hard to find. Not saying cheap, but won't be hard to find I dont imagine. YELL.. A lot.

Reactions: TNfan#2 and foxxvol
Calhouns on the River is close to the arena. If you drive, park at the AG Campus ( free parking) and take the free shuttle to the arena. Otherwise hang out downtown and walk or take Uber to the game. Tickets ( scalpers) will be at the lower level of the arena.

Reactions: RollerVol

You could probably car pool with another Nash Vol fan who would give you a ride for free.
Just depends on how picky you are as far as carmates.
If no takers here, try asking on Craigslist’s or other social media.

Rent the car. Also 2pm game, so I really recommend getting into Knoxville around 11:30am. Go get lunch and a drink at Sweet Ps Downtown Dive, outstanding BBQ and cold beer. If you can't make it in that early then go there for dinner afterwards. You will not be disappointed. Drive from there to AG campus around 12:30 park for free and ride free shuttle over to TBA. There will be tons of people near the ticket office and ramps selling tickets so a single won't be hard to find. Not saying cheap, but won't be hard to find I dont imagine. YELL.. A lot.

Really good response to the guy's question. I would only say, might be better off trying to thumb a ride than taking the bus. Also if the car rental is bothering him, he may be better off watching in a bar in his Nashville hotel. The cost of a ticket may put him in shock.

Going with the car rental (just realized I can get my corporate rate). Appreciate everyone's input, going to start looking online for tickets, but looking forward to the experience!

Going with the car rental (just realized I can get my corporate rate). Appreciate everyone's input, going to start looking online for tickets, but looking forward to the experience!
Personally I would buy a single off the street outside TBA, think you’ll have better luck and better price

Know the seating as well. 100s are lower bowl (104 is behind the UT bench, 108 is behind the visitors), 200s are upper deck 1st 3 rows (good seats), and 300s include nose bleeders).

Need to be careful. With e-tickets duplicates are easily created and only the first to enter has a valid ticket.

Simple solution, don’t buy e-tickets...I’ve bought hundreds of tickets in front of TBA, not once have I ever had an issue. There are police everywhere, would take some balls to be sitting there selling fakes when in 5 minutes that person is going to come right back and confront you.

Simple solution, don’t buy e-tickets...I’ve bought hundreds of tickets in front of TBA, not once have I ever had an issue. There are police everywhere, would take some balls to be sitting there selling fakes when in 5 minutes that person is going to come right back and confront you.

Regular tickets can be converted to e-tickets. The guys selling them on the street are also buying them off of people they don't know. Unless they're taking a check they can just deny having sold an invalid ticket and the cops won't really care. UT ticket office isn't going to be bothered if the secondary market didn't go through them.

Might be best with the rental. I checked the Greyhound website out of curiosity and while it is super cheap (about $30), there are only three trips from Nashville to Knoxville per day, and at weird times (like 1:30-5:30 am). They do have free WiFi at least.

Regular tickets can be converted to e-tickets. The guys selling them on the street are also buying them off of people they don't know. Unless they're taking a check they can just deny having sold an invalid ticket and the cops won't really care. UT ticket office isn't going to be bothered if the secondary market didn't go through them.

99% of the scalpers out front didn’t buy those tickets, that’s where you’re wrong...they are given those tickets through family and former basketball alums, that’s why they consistently have the same tickets every time. Again I’ve bought hundreds of tickets out front of TBA, those guys aren’t selling fake tickets knowing you can walk right back to them and cause a scene and make sure they don’t sell another ticket the rest of the night.

I would recommend breaking down and renting a car, otherwise if you're going by the Greyhound Bus schedule, you might either end up having to show up hours earlier before the game and not having anything to do, and/or getting out of the game and depending on what you are wanting to do, you might be stuck waiting for the next bus.

Picked my tickets up on TickPick. first time using, seemed pretty easy, hopefully no issues....

Single tickets at TBA go super cheap outside from the scalpers. I have bought a single for good games for $20-30 many times, $5 for nobody games.

VN Store

Back