Firing of Pruitt leading to Success is a Trend

I know the NFL and CFB are different levels, but it seems one of the greatest defensive coordinators of our time would have been able to get a job in the NFL this past season instead of being unemployed for over a year. Maybe not a coordinator position but at least a position coach or an off field analyst.

Instead he was one and done in the pros and is now a professional poker player, playing not in Vegas but Cherokee NC. Even Dooley was able to hold a coaching position in the NFL for 5 or 6 years.

I think some skill coaches get credit when it should go to the 5 star talent that they landed in their lap. Bama did ok this year in spite of having Bill Obrien as OC. He was a horrible head coach for the Texans= could not gauge good/bad talent, made horrible draft pics, very bland offense play calling. Bama won in spite of him, not because he was there.
BY was a master on the field, finding ways to win. Then there is this :D:

[VIDEO=]]

He is not a really good DC. Anyone can look like a genius with a defense full of 5 star athletes. Damn sure didn’t show his defensive prowess here
This is denial.
He sucked here and was good everywhere else.
He sucked here because the roster Butch left was just awful.

How many National Championship defenses did he coordinate? at two different universities?
Number 1 scoring defense at FSU in 2013, not full of 5 stars. National Champion.
Number 1 scoring defense at BAMA in 2016 and 2017. 2017 National Champion. Was full of 5 stars.
Hate him all you want. To downplay his ability as DC is just wrong and delusional.

Bama this season is the gold standard of not looking like a genius with 5 star talent at most positions. It is never automatic.

I hope Bama can't have him, but how likely is that?
They'll hire his sorry @$$.

Last edited:
This is denial.

How many National Championship defenses did he coordinate? at two different universities?
Number 1 scoring defense at FSU in 2013, not full of 5 stars. National Champion.
Number 1 scoring defense at BAMA in 2016 and 2017. 2017 National Champion. Was full of 5 stars.
Hate him all you want. To downplay his ability as DC is just wrong and delusional.

Bama this season is the gold standard of not looking like a genius with 5 star talent at most positions. It is never automatic.

They'll hire his sorry @$$.[/QUOTE
This is denial.

I’m sorry Mrs Pruitt

This is denial.

I’m sorry Mrs Pruitt

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
So if Bama fans think he’s a good coach……that makes him a good coach?
Don't put that voodoo on me Ricky Bobby! I'm just sayin' I know a few that want him back. They would also be pleased if Bill O'Brien took a long walk off a short pier. If losing to UT didn't sting bad enough, seeing UGA go back to back really takes air outta their sails. I LOVE IT!

They are hoping for a return to glory on defense and I don't think Pruitt can do it today. He has had no accomplishments since leaving Alabama.
Pruitt knows defense well. He has all the skills needed to be a darn good DC. What he doesn’t have is the people and leadership skills to be the HC. If I was totally neutral and didn’t have the memory of how he screwed up our program, I would definitely consider hiring him as a coordinator (although ONLY under a HC with the ability to keep him in line).
Not everyone is cut out to be the big chief, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t still be very good Indians.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Pruitt is a really good DC.
That is his ceiling.
No shame, except we had to be the test subject to find out the limits of his abilities.
That sucked.

I would say he's good if his players are better than yours or at least equal. That didn't work to well when he stepped into the NFL & UT as HC that was a quasi-DC in fact, he tried to micromanage the whole team a total failure.

Reactions: SpookyAction
This is denial.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Pruitt but I'm smart enough to recognize he is a pretty damn good DC.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Pruitt was a terrible coach and had a terrible, toxic personality. The man couldn't get along with Mark Richt which speaks volumes IMO.

IF he gets hired, I'm buying all the French's stock I can get my hands on and hope that dip **** goes out on the sidelines when he comes to Neyland.

VN Store

Back