Finally! Berry is a VOL!

Berry has been a lean on UT for awhile now. Anything is possible but I really think this guy feels in his heart that UT is like a second home to him. Welcome to Knoxville, Mr. Berry!! I can't wait to see you on the field next year!

OSU may be as good as the talking heads believe... or they may be the beneficiary of a very, very, very down year in the Big 10 and catching Texas early in the season.

I tend to think the latter and believe that UF's much tougher overall schedule will prepare them better than OSU's schedule.

UF played 10 bowl teams including 4 that will play in January. OSU played 7 bowl teams which sounds comparable until you consider that 2 of those teams came out of the MAC (the Big 10 practice league) and only one of them will play in January.

Texas who was easily the second best team OSU played was caught early... and weren't all that good later on.

I hate UF but it would be good overall for the conference if they won... and I really don't see any reason they shouldn't. They will be more athletic by far than anyone OSU has played to date except maybe Texas.

What part of their defense have you seen that is amazing, if anything I have seen the exact opposite of amazing from their D, it has been their o that has won their games, and the other teams in their conference lack of d.

You've only watched one game, haven't you?

Let me guess, Michigan?

I'd take UF's over tOSU's.
Can you clarify?

In case you are saying OSU played a more difficult schedule...

I don't think UM is better than LSU on either side of the ball. After UM, I believe UF played at least 3 teams and maybe even UGA that are better than Texas this year.

I know this is a little off topic, but if you watch the SEC Championship Game, the Urban Legend was outcoached in every phase of the game. He isnt ready for big time games. Yes, he has awesome talent there at UF but for all of you Negavols, when was their last NC? I do feel however that UF can and may well beat OSU. I think they have the talent and OSU doesnt have a spectacular defense IMO.

I disagree. I thought Urban did a good job coaching that game. They neutralized Arkie's special teams. They held McFadden in check better than anyone else has. They made Casey Dick look like a fool. They had creative ways of getting Percy Harvin the ball, which led to the big plays that won them the game. I don't think they have what it takes to beat OSU, but Urban will bring a good gameplan into the game to give them a fighting chance.

I disagree. I thought Urban did a good job coaching that game. They neutralized Arkie's special teams. They held McFadden in check better than anyone else has. They made Casey Dick look like a fool. They had creative ways of getting Percy Harvin the ball, which led to the big plays that won them the game. I don't think they have what it takes to beat OSU, but Urban will bring a good gameplan into the game to give them a fighting chance.

I agree 100%, say what you will about him crying like a little girls, but the man can coach. You dont turn Bowling Green around the way he did and Utah and not be able to coach. The really impressive thing is that he turned both of those dead in the water programs in 2 years. here he is, his 2nd year at UF playing in the Natl Champ.

I agree 100%, say what you will about him crying like a little girls, but the man can coach. You dont turn Bowling Green around the way he did and Utah and not be able to coach. The really impressive thing is that he turned both of those dead in the water programs in 2 years. here he is, his 2nd year at UF playing in the Natl Champ.
i'll give credit where credit's due, and it's hard to argue with the w/l record he put up this year.

however.....

they were the most penalized team in the SEC and only made, what, 3 FG's all season long?

I'm not big on if's and but's...........BUT......muffed punts against ARK and LSU were huge in both of those games (mistakes by the opponent) and two blocked fg's against SC from having at least 3 losses.

Florida is very, very talented. So talented they can overcome making mistakes of their own and capitalize when other teams do make mistakes. And in the end, that's what separates winners from losers.

i'd call them opportunistic and very talented. Meyer has though, to his credit, continued to evolve Tebow's role in the game plan and find different ways to get the ball to Harvin. For that, kudos.

but they are largely undisciplined, poor in the FG kicking game, so i'm a bit hesitant to say he's a "great" coach right now.

what Jim Grobe and Greg Schiano were able to do at schools like Wake and Rutgers....that's great coaching imo.

Recruiting can turn programs around. Coaching can help your good recruits win NC games. Im not saying he does or doesnt have great assistant coaches, BUT, if you watched the SEC Championship, he was out coached in every phase. He also made terrible decisions in terms of game management.
One that sticks out is calling a timeout on 4th and short only to punt anyway. He got lucky that the Arky fumbled the punt in the endzone. If you are going to punt anyway, why call the timeout and go ahead and take a 5 yard delay of game penalty.

Recruiting can turn programs around. Coaching can help your good recruits win NC games. Im not saying he does or doesnt have great assistant coaches, BUT, if you watched the SEC Championship, he was out coached in every phase. He also made terrible decisions in terms of game management.
One that sticks out is calling a timeout on 4th and short only to punt anyway. He got lucky that the Arky fumbled the punt in the endzone. If you are going to punt anyway, why call the timeout and go ahead and take a 5 yard delay of game penalty.

I still don't think you can say he was outcoached. Nutt would have looked like a fool if not for McFadden. At least Meyer managed to find a QB that can complete more than five passes a game.

VN Store

Back