Final scrimmage in books

LibertyVolance

CJP spoke at 5:45. No mention of any injuries.
Will likely begin first game prep practices next Thursday.
Early report of a pick six TD by Deandre Johnson. Several TD catches by Callaway. Several nice runs by Chandler but fumbled twice.
Overall, CJP was more pleased with the effort today. Did not single out players by name. Very generic in his assessment. Said there is talent from younger players who just aren't quite ready, but could be playing and even starting by week 5 or 6.
CJP was asked about Solomon's appeal. Said they knew nothing to report.
Very lowkey press conference. They had what was likely the final major scrimmage of the fall.

Last edited:
“I felt like the effort to start practice was much improved,” Pruitt said. “We had a speaker last night, Inky (Johnson) spoke, I’ve heard him speak before and he did a fantastic job. He talked about what it meant for him to be at Tennessee. The message he shared with the players is right on track with what we’ve been talking about since we’ve been here. There was definitely much more energy. So my question is do we have to go get Inky before we go out there and practice every day? But there was more energy to start practice so that was positive.”
I say yes :)

“I felt like the effort to start practice was much improved,” Pruitt said. “We had a speaker last night, Inky (Johnson) spoke, I’ve heard him speak before and he did a fantastic job. He talked about what it meant for him to be at Tennessee. The message he shared with the players is right on track with what we’ve been talking about since we’ve been here. There was definitely much more energy. So my question is do we have to go get Inky before we go out there and practice every day? But there was more energy to start practice so that was positive.”
I say yes :)

Just don't understand having to be "pumped up". Maybe for practice, but not a game or game prep. If you can't get yourself "up", then maybe you should find something else to do.

Reactions: VolinMC
Just don't understand having to be "pumped up". Maybe for practice, but not a game or game prep. If you can't get yourself "up", then maybe you should find something else to do.
Motivation is fleeting, an athlete is not always motivated and must rely on skill a large majority of the time. This does not just apply to athletes. You can be unmotivated at any task, but if you have put in the training you can be successful at the task.

There’s up and then there’s UP! Inky takes them to a whole new level.

Unless they elevate the salary of that position by ALOT, he would be better off doing his motivational speaking. He gets 10-20k an appearance. CJ Fayton, if I remember correctly, was making under 70k as VFL Coordinator.
**** where can I apply for the coordinator position

Reactions: UTvols#1

VN Store

Back