Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) Coming March 2020.

I'd consider buying a ps4 if they'd just do a straight remake with new graphics. Same story, characters, fighting system.

I played FF7 start to finish probably 6 or 7 times. I'd beat it, play a few diff games for the next few months, then come back and replay FF7 all over again. But it's been so long since I played it, it'd be almost like playing it again for the first time.

I did that with Tactics on several occasions. Even though 7 is the better game (my #1 of all time, actually) Tactics had a lot more replay value IMO.

Nobuo Uematsu confirmed NOT to be doing the music for the remake

Suck it

They better be using the same soundtrack. They can have another composer put it together, but you can't change the music in this game. That's like remaking Star Wars and not using John Williams' score.

Reactions: 1 person
They will get another composer to remix it, much like they did with the FFX HD remaster (altho Hamazu did some of the original FFX tracks, and the remix, so its not exactly the same). They will try to make it sound more epic, and in the process it will sound cheesy.

If it is any consolation, I was able to pick up the PC version on PS4 for like $10. I'm disappointed too, but expected this to happen. I won't be getting the remake until it comes out on Xbox. Depends on how 15 is, because they look very similar.

I'm more concerned about the transition of Barret from Mr T. to Morpheus. I'm afraid one of the things that will get lost in the remake is some of the quirkiness and humor, that they will try to make it too dark and serious.

I'm more concerned about the transition of Barret from Mr T. to Morpheus. I'm afraid one of the things that will get lost in the remake is some of the quirkiness and humor, that they will try to make it too dark and serious.

Yeah. It is basically going to be FFVII: Advent Children: The Game.

Or FFXV: FFVII edition, since this is essentially a reskin of FFXV.

Wow lol. That's terrible. Talk about milking it dry.

"Thanks for playing Final Fantasy VII: Epsiode I. If you want to play past Midgar, be sure to buy Final Fantasy VII: Episode II: The Puzzle Game, coming next year!"

Wow lol. That's terrible. Talk about milking it dry.

"Thanks for playing Final Fantasy VII: Epsiode I. If you want to play past Midgar, be sure to buy Final Fantasy VII: Episode II: The Puzzle Game, coming next year!"

Episode 2: Chocobo Farm and Junon
Episode 3: Costa Del Sol and the Gold Saucer
Episode 4: Cosmo Canyon and Rocket Town

Lol this is ridiculous. I'll wait for the full disc.

Also:

Kitase: We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. We are adjusting the storyline with this idea in mind.

lol...

Puke. All but guaranteed that each "segment" will be linear as hell and on-rails.

Puke. All but guaranteed that each "segment" will be linear as hell and on-rails.

I don't mind the TellTale games being in episodes, and the way they broke up Resident Evil Revelations was actually pretty cool, but I'm not liking this idea with an RPG. I want to sit down with my 100 hour Final Fantasy 7, not wait a month at a time for the next part.

This should be be like the easiest gaming decision in the world. This isn't hard. How are they effing this up so much? Fans have been asking for this for years.

Just re-make the stupid game. As it was with no stupid episodes or new combat system.

I'd buy a PS4 just for this if they'd do it right. But they're f##king it up.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back