Fields transferring from UGA

Just makes you wonder what he was thinking in the first place. He got as much playing time as he could have possibly expected behind a Sophomore, who is only going to keep getting better.

Reactions: tbh and 508mikey
UGA gonna be sniffing after Harrison Bailey more.

I just texted a couple of dawg friends. Apparently they don't need him cause they're winning it all. Bama can't even stop them with the class they have coming. However, they said that last year, and the year before, and the year before, etc. 😆

Reactions: Remy
Kirby is going to be scrambling for a last minute QB, Fromm is the only scholarship QB left I think.😮😂🤣

Ill believe it when i see it. I see exploring transfer. If so he was will probably end up at oklahoma and win the heisman in a few years.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Doubt Kirby is that worried. All he needs is a serviceable QB.
With Fromm’s durable history one would be more at ease, but considering the weird ways he injures himself in the offseason? Kirby’s going to be even more a nervous spazz than usual whenever Fromm casts a line, hunts or walks up an escalator or opens a can of tuna or opens a car door or changes the channel on a television or unwraps a cough drop or has sex or...

Dawg fans are in two groups right now, complete meltdown or total denial, I love it! Kirby cannot manage QB’s! Has run off 2 5 stars to hang on to one that hasn’t been able to bring home a natty! All this right before early signing period is bound to be on the minds of potential doggies.....

Dawg fans are in two groups right now, complete meltdown or total denial, I love it! Kirby cannot manage QB’s! Has run off 2 5 stars to hang on to one that hasn’t been able to bring home a natty! All this right before early signing period is bound to be on the minds of potential doggies.....
It just says exploring transfer. Thats all i can find of situation. I hope its true. However Id venture to guess if he has to sit next season anyhow. Redshirting his second season at UGA while Fromm is a junior in 2019 then he can be a redshirt Sophomore in 2020 while either Fromm is a senior or he would be starting if Fromm has left for draft. That makes more sense than sitting out as transfer 2019 and starting over somewhere else without the weapons and offensive line he would have at Georgia.

It just says exploring transfer. Thats all i can find of situation. I hope its true. However Id venture to guess if he has to sit next season anyhow. Redshirting his second season at UGA while Fromm is a junior in 2019 then he can be a redshirt Sophomore in 2020 while either Fromm is a senior or he would be starting if Fromm has left for draft. That makes more sense than sitting out as transfer 2019 and starting over somewhere else without the weapons and offensive line he would have at Georgia.

USA Today says he is leaving UGA. ESPN article says he is exploring. So who knows.

Unless he goes to an Oklahoma or tOSU and has plenty of both

Just makes you wonder what he was thinking in the first place. He got as much playing time as he could have possibly expected behind a Sophomore, who is only going to keep getting better.
Money talks!

Seriously though, he probably just thought he'd beat out Fromm for the job in spring or fall camp. Most of these 5-star guys, especially QBs, aren't short on confidence. Fromm was very much a game manager last year and if that persisted into this year, Fields probably thought he'd have a chance to beat him out.

Personally I don't see why he just doesn't redshirt next year (he can still play in 4 games) and then he'll be in line to start the 2020 season assuming Fromm goes pro after next year.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Money talks!

Seriously though, he probably just thought he'd beat out Fromm for the job in spring or fall camp. Most of these 5-star guys, especially QBs, aren't short on confidence. Fromm was very much a game manager last year and if that persisted into this year, Fields probably thought he'd have a chance to beat him out.

Personally I don't see why he just doesn't redshirt next year (he can still play in 4 games) and then he'll be in line to start the 2020 season assuming Fromm goes pro after next year.
This is the best roster situation he will find himself in. That offensive line class last year that he was recruited in and several defensive players so too. He wont have to score tons of points and will have protection and Georgia will always have athletes regardless of coach. Now the one thing that is the unknown. I wont say best situation. I dont know what Kirbys staff told the kid. Maybe he doesnt feel he is comfortable playing at Georgia now that he has seen the truth behind closed doors. If thats the case then sometimes moving elsewhere is easier on your mental well being and cant say it would be a mistake to leave. But if playing time impatience is the driving force then leaving Georgia is a bad decision imo.

I dont know what Kirbys staff told the kid. Maybe he doesnt feel he is comfortable playing at Georgia now that he has seen the truth behind closed doors. If thats the case then sometimes moving elsewhere is easier on your mental well being and cant say it would be a mistake to leave. But if playing time impatience is the driving force then leaving Georgia is a bad decision imo.
I think we might be overthinking it.

Fromm was very much a game manager last year. They won the SEC and almost a national title on the back of a strong running game and a great defense. Fields probably thought he was going to come in and simply win Fromm's job, or at the very least get far more playing time than he did, and be the gamebreaking, dynamic QB that they lacked last year.

Instead Fromm improved, becoming a guy who can make some throws, and Fields didn't play like he thought he was going to, so he wants out.

I think we might be overthinking it.

Fromm was very much a game manager last year. They won the SEC and almost a national title on the back of a strong running game and a great defense. Fields probably thought he was going to come in and simply win Fromm's job, or at the very least get far more playing time than he did, and be the gamebreaking, dynamic QB that they lacked last year.

Instead Fromm improved, becoming a guy who can make some throws, and Fields didn't play like he thought he was going to, so he wants out.
Certainly plausible. He might have been exposed in practices.

If he does transfer. Obviously Georgia will do everything in their power to block the kid from going where he wants. But if he were allowed to go anywhere Dan Mullen could do some impactful things with this kid.

There’s no shortage of landing places for Fields for sure.

Im thinking FSU is on the short list based on his relationship with their staff.

But him choosing UGA always seemed an odd fit given who was in front of him.

Scary to think what Mullen could do with him.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
Now talk of a waiver and immediate eligibility.

He'll get it. The national media has already put the template in place about the UGA baseball player using a racial slur. It's a done deal. Now it's just a matter of who recruits him to their roster.

If news rumors and speculation are accurate, Fields is heading to tOSU. It is reported that their highly rated QB expected to sign, has now flipped to GA, whit the expectations that Fields is transferring there. Based on the stir around him, it would be a wash of a swap.

He'll get it. The national media has already put the template in place about the UGA baseball player using a racial slur. It's a done deal. Now it's just a matter of who recruits him to their roster.
Yep. That'd be a really bad look for the NCAA to deny a waiver request based on that, even though it is patently obvious that isn't the reason he's transferring.

VN Store

Back