Feel bad for Albert Haynesworth like him or not

I am an organ donor and agree it's a good idea but I found out some things when we lost my mom a couple years ago. She was a donor so was told the same night she passed they may take her to Nashville to recover any organs as well as skin. She passed away due to complications of kidney failure so we were told the next day nothing could be used but I'm not gonna lie wasn't looking forward to the 1 to 2 week period we may have had to wait. It was brutal to think about and still is, it's a great thing but not a decision to make lightly.

I quit being an organ donor when I found out a certain percentage of American organs MUST be implanted into foreign nationals. For example living in Saudi Arabia, frequently one of their people would show up with a kidney, or heart and ]lung transplants from USA donors. No, it's not reciprocal. Second everybody in the USA makes money from the organ donor programs except the actual donors and/or their families. The doctors and hospitals certainly do not do their work for free, they get paid. The donors, you're just suckers. Anybody in my family or for that matter any American citizen are welcome to any of my organs they may need, but none are to go to ANY foreign national. As an American I won't butchered up to help any but my own.

True, but I’m not sure about your attempt at humor especially since this is a serious thread.
I do owe you an apology. My excuse is that I do know a number of people who have the use of only one kidney, and it is a characteristic of our relationship that we joke about it a lot and it is just known that nothing is malicious.

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
It's still an awkward spot, praying for a transplant is often praying for someone else to suffer a tragic end.

Some perspective on this...

A few years ago a 12 year old girl in my hometown was in desperate need of a double lung transplant.

I was speaking with a friend about the situation and how sad and awkward it was because it felt like you were “praying for someone to die.”

My friend shared these words with me, and ever since, I have had more peace about these type situations:

“You’re not not to praying for somebody to die. That’s already ready been decided and is going to happen and is beyond our control. What you’re praying for, is when that does happen, the family will make the decision to donate.”

I hope that gives you the same peace it did me. That said - Albert could receive a kidney from a living donor too. Hopefully, that will happen soon.

I quit being an organ donor when I found out a certain percentage of American organs MUST be implanted into foreign nationals. For example living in Saudi Arabia, frequently one of their people would show up with a kidney, or heart and ]lung transplants from USA donors. No, it's not reciprocal. Second everybody in the USA makes money from the organ donor programs except the actual donors and/or their families. The doctors and hospitals certainly do not do their work for free, they get paid. The donors, you're just suckers. Anybody in my family or for that matter any American citizen are welcome to any of my organs they may need, but none are to go to ANY foreign national. As an American I won't butchered up to help any but my own.
Tinfoil hat time. I work in a level 1 trauma hospital and assure you this isn’t the case

That's a great way to get some help prolonging your life by alienating half the potential donors. Albert never has really been a critical thinker or good decision maker but you do you. Maybe he was just advocating a remodel job was needed in the White House.

Heard about this and I said to myself "How dumb!" Guy needs a kidney and would say something so moronic. He proves time and again he has some loose brain cells.

VN Store

Back