February Signing Day

I hate signing day now, early signing day has ruined recruiting. This used to be a day we looked forward to yearly, I would take off work for this day. It was so much fun with the live show from UT and the live shots of the “war room” with the coaches all on the phones cruitin and the all day tv coverage it was great! But now it’s just another day. Sorry for the rant, just yet another way college football has been ruined. Y’all have a great day, and as alway Go VOLS 🍊
That NIL, CFP, transfer portal have all ruined recruiting!

I hate signing day now, early signing day has ruined recruiting. This used to be a day we looked forward to yearly, I would take off work for this day. It was so much fun with the live show from UT and the live shots of the “war room” with the coaches all on the phones cruitin and the all day tv coverage it was great! But now it’s just another day. Sorry for the rant, just yet another way college football has been ruined. Y’all have a great day, and as alway Go VOLS 🍊

Totally agree. I see some on here weren't grown back then.....

Are there any Transfer Portal or JUCO guys that we might sign to finish off the class since we have taken several preferred walk-ons and have about 4ish scholarships left?

Are there any Transfer Portal or JUCO guys that we might sign to finish off the class since we have taken several preferred walk-ons and have about 4ish scholarships left?
I heard them say on ESPN that 2000 players have entered the portal since December. That's a huge number, and I'll bet there are some hole fillers in there that Bama and Georgia won't pick up.

Reactions: TNDRIVER

I took this day off for years as well. Now not so much. I think it is definitely affecting when coaches are being pursued as you can’t kiss the early day. Had a huge effect. Maybe limiting to 10 or so would be enough to restore balance…

Reactions: FiremedicVOL127
K. I've seen a lot of this...

But Signing Day was never meant for fans. And fwiw we've had some exciting/late signees in recent years nonetheless, just not this year.

Do whatever the signees prefer. Jmo

A&M finishes number 1 one of the best classes ever if Jimbo doesn’t win a natty in the next 3 years he should be fired

Reactions: BleedOrange16
A&M finishes number 1 one of the best classes ever if Jimbo doesn’t win a natty in the next 3 years he should be fired
First, one class does not a team make. Second, recruiting rankings don't always translate to performance on the field. Third, now that the portal is part of college football, there's no guarantee that he can keep all that talent happy and on the roster. I'd hold off on annointing aTm the next beast of the west for a bit.

Patience, grasshopper, a truckload of battle ready transfer portals heading our way after spring practice.
I'm an old fart that is too used to one size fits all signing day. 😷 It's gotten harder to follow recruiting since Nashville stopped most assigning a beat writer to the Vols. 😆

So I cannot find any Vol news about signing day Part II tomorrow. Are we done? Just waiting for portal news down the road if it happens? I guess I am not in the loop anymore with the goofy portal and NIL crap going on. But it is what it is. Thanks for any feedback.

Translation: Anybody know what's going on? I am too old and set in my ways to deal with change.

;) JK man

Reactions: JFBanicki
You'd be the guy wanting to fire Kirby last year.

It's not like it makes them the most talented team. Bama and uga already have 5 classes nearly just as good stacked up.

Same kinda narrow mentality some UT fans had in the 90s. They couldn't believe how Fulmer didn't have 3 or 4 nattys with all that elite recruiting. Problem is that FSU, UF, ND, NE, OSU, UM were all loading up every year too.

He wasn't an early enrollee, so none of these transfers are official until they are enrolled in classes.
Once they participate in practice they’re locked in as I recall. He practiced with the team before the bowl game.

So I cannot find any Vol news about signing day Part II tomorrow. Are we done? Just waiting for portal news down the road if it happens? I guess I am not in the loop anymore with the goofy portal and NIL crap going on. But it is what it is. Thanks for any feedback.

Seems like we have a heck of a PWO thing going on this year... I think a couple of these kids at least would bolster our recruiting class had they not been a PWO?

https://twitter.com/benbolton100?t=dFRPEL6Cwt3NdBylu2aGDw&s=09

VN Store

Back