Favorite John Ward Quotes!

OK... one more... I need the quote from the 98 Florida game on the touchdown pass to peerless price.. it went something like this but i need the exact one..." Peerless price down to grab it... did he grab it? he grabbed it!... Where did he grab it? In the Endzone FOR SIX. TOUCHDOWN TENNESSEE"

Reactions: Carl Pickens
"I don't know sir. I do not know. Tennessee pounds him at the line. "

Name the year, the game and the play.

too easy eh? I should actually just merge this into the john ward thread.

"What did he do? All he did was score! Joey Kent, touchdown on play number one!" -96 Bama

Reactions: gnm53108
"As the fans and the players down to our left are cheering each other. What a moving moment this one is. Bill Anderson, the fans get the acknowledgment they should receive. They stayed behind this team" -89 UCLA

A great moment.

Reactions: 67Vol
"As the fans and the players down to our left are cheering each other. What a moving moment this one is. Bill Anderson, the fans get the acknowledgment they should receive. They stayed behind this team" -89 UCLA

A great moment.

One of the very few games I have ordered on PPV and it was worth every penny... just seeing the team go over to the Tennessee section of the Rose Bowl and thank the crowd made me proud to be a Vol fan.

btw "And he is met by a HOST of VOLUNTEERS" Im surprised no one mentioned that saying

I wish John was going to be making the calls tomorrow.

My favorite...

"Willie Gault, ladies and gentlemen is running all the way to the state capitol!"

Reactions: Kinger
Cockrell falls on the ball. The seconds will tick down. There are now, ladies and gentlemen, 10 seconds to go. We are going to let you COUNT 'EM DOWN As Tennessee will beat Alabama
7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Final Score Tennessee 35 Alabama 28

I've mentioned this story before in here, but what the hell, here we go again. A new neighbor had moved in across the street and since I hadn't met him yet I decided to do so. It was in the summer of '97 or '98 and my neighbor was in his front yard doing yard work so I went over and introduced myself. Turns out he was from Buffalo, NY and played football at Canisius. I was telling him about Tennessee football and mentioned that before each game as the players run through the T formed by the band I always turned on the radio and listened to John Ward say "It's football time in Tennessee" and it always gave me goosebumps. He looked at me and said "You've got goosebumps right now." I looked down at my arms and I'll be damned if I didn't have goosebumps just thinking about it.. Man I miss John Ward.........
This gives me goose bumps GO VOLS

"In the downpour"
"Who comes out of there.... Floyd Miley can fly"
That was a cold game and you could tell it was cold in South Bend. Although Floyd was running as fast as he could, it looked as though he was running a 6.0/40.
"He runs through, around and over defenders....."
"Bill Anderson......."

Plus many, many others!

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back