Favorite CFB players

JSB2277

So who are some of the guys in college football that you just like to see play?(current players) lets try for the not so obvious ones here......

Calvin Johnson-GT (probably my favorite non-Vol)
Omar Jacobs-Bowling Green
Laurence Maroney-Minn (loved seeing him punk bama)
Dangelo Williams-Memphis
Drew Tate-Iowa
Justin Vincent-LSU (love his running style)
Greg Blue-UGA (dont flame me, i just like his physical play)
Dwayne Jarrett-USC
Mike Haas-OregonSt (short white guy with serious skills)
Brian Brohm- UL

I like Williams from Memphis too. He could be the best RB in CFB this season, barring injury. Plus, he's an outstanding member of the Memphis community.

How about Matt Jones out of Arkansas? That guy was a freak of nature and I for one am glad he will not be in Fayetteville in 06. 6'6" and a sub 4.4 speed... That guy was amazing to watch.

Hines Ward was another. Peyton deserved the Heisman hands down. But if PM was not going to get it because of a big ten guy that was an "all around player" and an "all around player" deserved it then Ward was the man that year. It semed like no matter what he was doing he was the best on the team doing it. Kid was bad!

From a pure college stand point. (Please don't kick me off the board for this) Brian Bosworth was a great college football player. He was one of the most dominant linebackers to ever play NCAA football. Then Bo made him look foolish. (although he did a pretty good job of that himself in college when he was off the field)

How about Barry Sanders? Of course he was awsome in the Pros also. But he was ALL they had at Okie state his Soph and JR years. The cuts that kid made were one of pure art form. I saw an interview with Barry Switzer when he was coaching the Dallas Cowboys and they were getting ready to play the lions. Switzer said that when he was coaching OU his D coaches were breaking down film on Thurmond Thomas. Switzer said he was watching some other films in his office when he just happend to see this frosh tb OSU had getting a chance in a game. He said we immediately went over to the film room and told his D coaches to also make sure that what ever they did to NOT hurt Thomas.

VN Store

Back