Father Of 2020 Commit Defends Pruitt In Open Letter

The part that’s ironic about all of this is that we are talking about turning a kid into a man.

However, if you try that in the NFL, a man will knock you out.

So, it’s just funny to me.

People pull that crap on kids. They don’t do it to men

I have watched Pruitt’s reaction many times and, as a mom, I have zero issue with what happened. I have seen my daughters’ swim coach yell at them before and, he!!, most of the time I wholeheartedly agree with what he’s yelling at them about.

Thought those of you who don't use Twitter might like to see this.

“Dear [Coach Pruitt] and other Vol coaches:
If my son acts like a nut, or needs correcting, you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad,” Jamie Hyatt tweeted on Sunday morning.
That's awesome

Reactions: Sara Clark
The part that’s ironic about all of this is that we are talking about turning a kid into a man.

However, if you try that in the NFL, a man will knock you out.

So, it’s just funny to me.

People pull that crap on kids. They don’t do it to men
Ever been inside an NFL locker room?

This dad has got it right. Kids now days are to pampered, spoiled and need disciplined.

Is this a dad or a mom? Either way, he or she is doing it right! We need more young people released into adulthood understanding this exact principle!

I'm sure an army of PhDs, lawyers, and social workers, and Children/FamSvcs types will be along to the Hyatt household soon to verify possible violations of political correctness and a laundry list of possible UN violations. To protect us all of course.

Heck, my coach put a hit out on me and offered to buy a coke for anyone that could knock me down during practice on kickoff returns. I was the only player on the front line for both regular or onside kick off receiving and he never had to payout.

I agree with what Pruitt did, but at the same time your "kid" is an adult so it's not really your decision.

Parent being an attention diva imo

I wills ay it again. Due to Pruitt's actions, kids will want to play for him. Parents and players only dream of playing for strong, passionate coach's who leave it on the field & hold them accountable.

Reactions: amorange
Ever been inside an NFL locker room?

In the NFL, the player is making millions and there is an NFLPA.

Coaches chew out players, they can expect players to chew them out back. In fact, a player is more likely to chew out a coach rather than the other way around. I'm not saying verbal stuff doesn't happen. But, it stays verbal. And like I said, you can expect the player to give it right back unless it's some scrub worried about getting cut.

And coaches do not so much as reach for a player's facemask, let alone grab it.

I'm not making a comment on whether what Pruitt did was right or wrong. My comment is that we are hypocrites with this snowflake stuff. A kid is likely to take it and handle it better because he's a kid, he's powerless and he has no choice. A "man" will throw down under similar circumstances and in a lot of occasions is protected in his ability to do so.

It's why you see Bobby Knights in high school and college. That **** doesn't fly with professionals because they're men. Google Latrell Sprewell/PJ Carlesimo or Tyrus Thomas/Paul Silas

Coaches chew out players, they can expect players to chew them out back. In fact, a player is more likely to chew out a coach rather than the other way around. I'm not saying verbal stuff doesn't happen. But, it stays verbal. And like I said, you can expect the player to give it right back unless it's some scrub worried about getting cut.

I'm not making a comment on whether what Pruitt did was right or wrong. My comment is that we are hypocrites with this snowflake stuff. A kid is likely to take it and handle it better because he's a kid, he's powerless and he has no choice. A "man" will throw down under similar circumstances and in a lot of occasions is protected in his ability to do so.

It's why you see Bobby Knights in high school and college. That **** doesn't fly with professionals because they're men. Google Latrell Sprewell/PJ Carlesimo or Tyrus Thomas/Paul Silas
It wasn't violent AT ALL, you're trying to create a false narrative. Pruitt grabbed him from walking away, the actual grab lasted less than a second and he had every right to get his attention. JG has a history of avoiding ass chewing by avoiding Pruitt. Quit trying to create a false narrative by throwing names like Bobby Knight out there.

I'm not creating a false anything.

I'm telling you what Pruitt did is going to get a different reaction from players at the professional level because they are men. Period. The public admonishment, the reaching for the facemask, etc. And proof of that is go find video where that happens to a professional player publicly and he just stands there and takes it. You aren't going to find too many of those videos and the players in question are more than likely going to be scrubs.

But, in addition, the tweet in the original post went further.

"you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad"

Try what's in bold at the professional level and see what happens. Better yet, send a coach to the dad who wrote this and have them do this to the dad and see what happens.

Right, wrong, or in between, what I saw come out of last night was a team gelling and their coaches are finally cementing their feet in the soil. We may have some setbacks before we get there, but we are headed there. A very large portion of the vol fanbase would have chipped in to move Pruitt and his staff back to where they came from just over a month ago. Now it's a different team and they're heading the right direction. If Maurer is out we will probably struggle down the stretch, but we're a qb away from being a problem for anyone we play.

I'm not creating a false anything.

I'm telling you what Pruitt did is going to get a different reaction from players at the professional level because they are men. Period. The public admonishment, the reaching for the facemask, etc. And proof of that is go find video where that happens to a professional player publicly and he just stands there and takes it. You aren't going to find too many of those videos and the players in question are more than likely going to be scrubs.

But, in addition, the tweet in the original post went further.

"you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad"

Try what's in bold at the professional level and see what happens. Better yet, send a coach to the dad who wrote this and have them do this to the dad and see what happens.
um ok..

Our high school basketball coach would throw the basketball at players who were daydreaming or not paying attention....and he was a Preacher on top
Of everything.

JG has a two year long habit of walking past Coach Pruitt on the sideline after he screws up. No acknowledgement or anything. Ignores him. Not this time.
Resisting the tongue-lashing and taking your lesson (ie coaching) is a flaw of JG. When you zone coach out, that is the opposite of being a teammate. He also does not interact with teammates so much on the sidelines either for similar reasons.

Thought those of you who don't use Twitter might like to see this.

“Dear [Coach Pruitt] and other Vol coaches:
If my son acts like a nut, or needs correcting, you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad,” Jamie Hyatt tweeted on Sunday morning.

Just don't lock him in the equipment room! lol Coach Leech

Did you see this actual “grab” before making this comment? Because I suggest you actually look at it first before commenting. It’s laughable that the media is playing this up.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back