Far be it for me to criticize BP for anything

JohnnyBall

Ball, oskie, cover, block
but I still cant get pulling Prince after those fouls and leaving SP in for so long in a situation like that..I just dont understand it..Pearl has fallen into a rut (IMO) "textbook" coaching in deals like that...The momentum swing is ALWAYS huge when Pearl comes in..I know he gives his all, but?

Nice season though,very proud :)

When probably the most important player on the team gets 3 fouls, you sit him so he wont foul out so that he is there when it matters at the end of the game. Goodness gracious enough with the freaking "what if's?"

Far from the truth.

If anything, it rested Prince and allowed Tennessee to come back.

Far from the truth.

If anything, it rested Prince and allowed Tennessee to come back.

Some rest would have been nice, but he had to keep him on the bench for a while...and it hurt. That span and Scotty missing his 2nd free throw at the end of the game, allowing MSU to catch us off-guard in transition offense were key, key moments in the game. Of course, in basketball, you can find a countless number of 'reasons' you lost...Scotty should have held onto the ball longer there, BW should have made his FTs, we shouldn't have allowed the easy bucket at the end of the first half, etc....

Prince doesn't exactly have a history of being conscious of his fouls. It would have been the wrong decision to leave him in.

My opinion is,leave Prince in the game and Pearl on the bench...after all,it is MY opinion isnt it??

One thing I hope is we get some players in next year that will at least be able to shoot a layup and a free throw and leave Steven Pearl for blowout games. His turnover there in the 2nd half was a killer....he should have gotten the ball to a guard something he is not. Still, what a great season for these guys and I think better things are ahead. Pearl did a great job with this group.

VN Store

Back