Fans, what do you all think about the WNBA draft this year?

estimated, no counted...but if you're so inclined, I'll wait
And don't cheat, all posts on all threads, twitter, fb, blogs, LV homepage, VolNation, etc...again, I'll wait...
Thanks for the clarification.
It was your use of threads that threw me off.
Some of the other mediums don't have threads.

Consider the site you are on...It is the middle of the most boring time in basketball in years, yet there are 500+ posts a day for the LV threads

In my own estimation...The LV Threads have about 200 posters continuous and another 3-500 driveby's.

During games the game threads get over 10,000 views and often over 15K consistently.
And only a handful of the game-day posters are part of the 9,000 attending game on a given day.

We go to schools 2000 miles away and often have as many or more in the crowd than the home-court opponents do.

Not to mention dozens of Twitter, FB, Podcasts, etc.
You misunderstood the original poster. He was talking about UConn’s fan support being the largest in WCBB.

Consider the site you are on...It is the middle of the most boring time in basketball in years, yet there are 500+ posts a day for the LV threads

In my own estimation...The LV Threads have about 200 posters continuous and another 3-500 driveby's.

During games the game threads get over 10,000 views and often over 15K consistently.
And only a handful of the game-day posters are part of the 9,000 attending game on a given day.

We go to schools 2000 miles away and often have as many or more in the crowd than the home-court opponents do.

Not to mention dozens of Twitter, FB, Podcasts, etc.
That has nothing to do with fan support and more to do with social media and sites that have long been dedicated to WBB. There are few sites that are dedicated to WBB so those are the ones that WBB fans gravitate to. It actually says nothing about the fan support of an individual team but more to do with access to those sites. I would venture that beyond a site with a forum that most fans engage in each and every one of those social media accounts. I know for a fact that South Carolina is well represented in those. The true support is butts in the seat and it will always be that. I know WBB creates a deficit at each school but the real offset of that negative deficit is paid attendance and the money spent in those venues on food and souvenirs. That's how you mitigate those loss numbers. You do not get that on this site or on any of the social media platforms. The single most important fan support gauge is again......attendance.

Reactions: JDuro
I thought the opposite...one of the weakest drafts ever once you get past Tyasha Harris...and I'm not sold on Alarie or MHH ahead of her having staying power in the league. Next year's draft will be even worse IMO.

Lots of great college players, very few with the tools to succeed at the WNBA level. Dangerfield and Cooper are fine. They are what they are, but the pros was gonna always be a challenge because of lack of size (Crystal) and bad shooting form (Te'a). Didn't stop them from excelling in college...maybe they'll find a good overseas opportunity.

We’ll see... Reeve said HH is the best two way player in the draft and it certainly seems that way. Can defend the Wing or the 4 position better than a lot of people think. She has always defended players bigger than her and effectively defended Chelsea Dungee, Rickea Jackson, and Rhyne Howard in some moments on the perimeter this year. I think she’s going to continue to grow and surprise people.

Reactions: JDuro

VN Store

Back