Fans, what do you all think about the WNBA draft this year?

I'm not, just calling it as I see it.

Why must you rush over here from the Boneyard with your chest puffed out the moment someone isn't worshipping UConn players? Not much to talk about over there, huh?
Have you ever played the game. I don't think so! All you do is read stats and throw in your 2 cents because you really don't know what a game feels like to actually play!!! I have been a UConn fan since 1987!
A Tennessee fan since the 1991 Final Four all because of Pat Summitt!
So before you speak! Know what you are talking about or just shut up!

Were the honorary picks done at the beginning of draft, or at the end? I did not see the draft....Very well done by the WNBA.......Much Respect!

At the beginning. I sat out the Draft too, but I saw this story on ESPN this morning and found it online.

Reactions: GameTime
Have you ever played the game. I don't think so! All you do is read stats and throw in your 2 cents because you really don't know what a game feels like to actually play!!! I have been a UConn fan since 1987!
A Tennessee fan since the 1991 Final Four all because of Pat Summitt!
So before you speak! Know what you are talking about or just shut up!
Ok big shot. If you say so 🙄

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Baylor also wasnt an easy out, no reason it was automatically Oregon vs South Carolona for the title. But will say those 3 teams were clearly the 3 best teams going into the NCAA tournament barring am upset.

Saying Dangerfield's college career is a disappointment is ridiculous; she made 3 Final Fours in her 4 years at UConn. That's more than what 99% of college basketball players accomplish even if she never made an AA team. She was coached by one of the great coaches in the history of sports. I'm pretty sure she has no regrets.
As an aside, I wont be totally shocked if she has a longer and more productive WNBA career than Megan Walker.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I'm sorry.
I don't think about it at all. Not their draft, league, men's basketball draft, league, not either one. Men's college basketball has started to be hard for me to watch too. What with it's "one and done" and nearing pro type officiating, it's not the college game that I use to enjoy. As for the women, I am beginning to sense the same trends. Just hate to see the more "pure sport game " that the women have played for so long get tainted.

When someone drafted from the 3rd round makes a W roster you let me know. It's not happening.

That's no different from any other year, though. Usually a player or two from the 3rd round sticks around.

2019: Paris Kea
2018: Teana Muldrow
2017: Saniya Chong, Alexis Prince, Makayla Epps
2016: Temi Fagbenle
2015: N/A
2014: Theresa Plaisance, Steph Talbot, Jamierra Faulkner, Asia Taylor

This year I think Kiah Gillespie has a shot in Chicago. Mikayla Pivec will compete with other guards in Atlanta who've shown little in the league at this point (Cazorla, Dietrick, Alexis Jones), so I think has a decent shot. Connecticut's bench situation is such a mess I wouldn't be surprised if Juicy Landrum snuck onto their roster.

Dangerfield would have been a first rounder had the juniors not declared. I think Dangerfield is better than Harris but Harris played for one of "the" two teams this year so her stock rose considerably.

Danger going to UConn and not winning a championship or being named AA may not have been what she envisioned when she left for there but she was a 3 year starter on one of the best teams and programs in the country and also coached by one of the best. UConn has the largest fan support in the game with a few others just below. I am sure she enjoyed her experience tremendously.
I will trust the judgement of the people who do this for a living and have everything to lose on their choices...so...they didn't think that Dangerfield was better than Harris.....Harris' stock rose because of how she played against top teams all year long. She lead 3 freshmen and another senior to the best record and the No.1 spot.....to insinuate it was because she was on the best team as the reason could also be turned around and easily be said they were the best team because "she" was on it.....

I would love to hear an explanation for that comment....I will check back soon.

Consider the site you are on...It is the middle of the most boring time in basketball in years, yet there are 500+ posts a day for the LV threads

In my own estimation...The LV Threads have about 200 posters continuous and another 3-500 driveby's.

During games the game threads get over 10,000 views and often over 15K consistently.
And only a handful of the game-day posters are part of the 9,000 attending game on a given day.

We go to schools 2000 miles away and often have as many or more in the crowd than the home-court opponents do.

Not to mention dozens of Twitter, FB, Podcasts, etc.

I think Chennedy Carter and Ruthy Hebard will be the best players out of this draft class, The guard from Rice (Ogwumike maybe?)
was the steal of the draft in the 3rd round. Dangerfield went in the second round due to her height. Just my opinion

Consider the site you are on...It is the middle of the most boring time in basketball in years, yet there are 500+ posts a day for the LV threads

In my own estimation...The LV Threads have about 200 posters continuous and another 3-500 driveby's.

During games the game threads get over 10,000 views and often over 15K consistently.
And only a handful of the game-day posters are part of the 9,000 attending game on a given day.

We go to schools 2000 miles away and often have as many or more in the crowd than the home-court opponents do.

Not to mention dozens of Twitter, FB, Podcasts, etc.
"500+ posts a day for the LV threads" ?
How many posts have been made so far today on LV threads ?

"500+ posts a day for the LV threads" ?
How many posts have been made so far today on LV threads ?
estimated, no counted...but if you're so inclined, I'll wait
And don't cheat, all posts on all threads, twitter, fb, blogs, LV homepage, VolNation, etc...again, I'll wait...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back