Fans, what do you all think about the WNBA draft this year?

sisaq

I think that this is the best WNBA draft I ever seen with lots of talents. On the other hand, I think that Dangerfield wasted lots of her time at Uconn just to land on 2nd round and may not even make the team. Also, do you all think that Te'a Cooper transferred to Baylor worth it?

Dangerfield would have been a first rounder had the juniors not declared. I think Dangerfield is better than Harris but Harris played for one of "the" two teams this year so her stock rose considerably.

Danger going to UConn and not winning a championship or being named AA may not have been what she envisioned when she left for there but she was a 3 year starter on one of the best teams and programs in the country and also coached by one of the best. UConn has the largest fan support in the game with a few others just below. I am sure she enjoyed her experience tremendously.

Reactions: Dube
I think that this is the best WNBA draft I ever seen with lots of talents. On the other hand, I think that Dangerfield wasted lots of her time at Uconn just to land on 2nd round and may not even make the team. Also, do you all think that Te'a Cooper transferred to Baylor worth it?
I thought the opposite...one of the weakest drafts ever once you get past Tyasha Harris...and I'm not sold on Alarie or MHH ahead of her having staying power in the league. Next year's draft will be even worse IMO.

Lots of great college players, very few with the tools to succeed at the WNBA level. Dangerfield and Cooper are fine. They are what they are, but the pros was gonna always be a challenge because of lack of size (Crystal) and bad shooting form (Te'a). Didn't stop them from excelling in college...maybe they'll find a good overseas opportunity.

Dangerfield would have been a first rounder had the juniors not declared. I think Dangerfield is better than Harris but Harris played for one of "the" two teams this year so her stock rose considerably.

Tyasha's stock rose because she improved to the point that she became a better player, and she also outplayed Crystal in their h2h matchup. She's a bigger and more versatile player. No GM is gonna waste a first round draft pick based on the fact that she played for one of the "it" teams if they didn't think she was the right fit for their team.

I looked at the 3 rounds and thought damn this years draft was weak. One of the strongest? And Dangerfield went 2nd round for a reason. I would pick Harris all day over Dangerfield. Should the WNBA go to 2 rounds? No one at least in this years draft has a chance to make a team from the 3rd round. Almost laughable.

Tyasha's stock rose because she improved to the point that she became a better player, and she also outplayed Crystal in their h2h matchup. She's a bigger and more versatile player. No GM is gonna waste a first round draft pick based on the fact that she played for one of the "it" teams if they didn't think she was the right fit for their team.
Crystal was only player with 20 or more points 25pts. Crystals height kills her.

Crystal goes to Tennessee and doesn't get drafted!

I looked at the 3 rounds and thought damn this years draft was weak. One of the strongest? And Dangerfield went 2nd round for a reason. I would pick Harris all day over Dangerfield. Should the WNBA go to 2 rounds? No one at least in this years draft has a chance to make a team from the 3rd round. Almost laughable.
Would it be laughable if you had a daughter picked in the 3rd round!

Crystal was only player with 20 or more points 25pts. Crystals height kills her.
Tyasha had 19 pts and 11 assists. And her team won by close to 20. She was easily the better player.

But yes, I agree that Crystal's height will be a tough challenge to overcome.
Crystal goes to Tennessee and doesn't get drafted!

Thankfully, the great Geno got the #3 player in her class drafted in the 2nd round.

Reactions: travis929
Tyasha had 19 pts and 11 assists. And her team won by close to 20. She was easily the better player.

Thankfully, the great Geno got the #3 player in her class drafted in the 2nd round.
Kelly or Holly would have done better! Yeah right!

South Carolina had a better team not just Harris!

Would it be laughable if you had a daughter picked in the 3rd round!
The fact is I dont I have a daughter and am just stating the fact how weak this years class is and how tough it is to make a team in the W. Blame that on the W with small rosters and so few teams, not me.

Reactions: Amb3096

Why you so angry?

The fact is I dont I have a daughter and am just stating the fact how weak this years class is and how tough it is to make a team in the W. Blame that on the W with small rosters and so few teams, not me.
The comment laughable was uncalled for that's it.

Confused as to why DJ Williams wasn’t drafted , Ty Harris was picked for the perfect team in my opinion . Dallas can run her as the point with arike at the two . Dangefield is questionable to me Te’a should’ve drafted higher. I like Sabrina but they made it seem like she was the only player being drafted . And the fever can now run the high low game .

Kelly or Holly would have done bettwe! Yeah right!

South Carolina had a better team not just Harris!

Danger going to UConn and not winning a championship or being named AA may not have been what she envisioned when she left for there but she was a 3 year starter on one of the best teams and programs in the country and also coached by one of the best. UConn has the largest fan support in the game with a few others just below. I am sure she enjoyed her experience tremendously.

Where did you get that Uconn has the largest fan support in the game from?

Were the honorary picks done at the beginning of draft, or at the end? I did not see the draft....Very well done by the WNBA.......Much Respect!

VN Store

Back