Fans best reaction to loss

Manchester_Vol

I’ve seen all the posts to boycott the games, etc... I think our (the fans) best reaction should be to continue to come to the games, but send a very clear message we will no longer tolerate a team which doesn’t want to play. Let’s show up but not be in orange and white. Would be a very clear visible signal we are fed up with mediocre play. No cheering unless they actually do something to deserve it. Thoughts?

Reactions: volgrad500
I’ve seen all the posts to boycott the games, etc... I think our (the fans) best reaction should be to continue to come to the games, but send a very clear message we will no longer tolerate a team which doesn’t want to play. Let’s show up but not be in orange and white. Would be a very clear visible signal we are fed up with mediocre play. No cheering unless they actually do something to deserve it. Thoughts?
Nah, not attending games sends a clear message that the product on the field is unacceptable.

An empty stadium is the loudest, clearest message. But that's my opinion.

Intrigued. Like what should we choose to wear other than orange and white? We could all dress in costume like it's Comicon. What if instead of a checkerboard Neyland, we all dressed like the grim ripper and just sat there silently??

Dark times in UT football. But I think the team should earn the fans back again. Quit supporting the absolute circus we’ve been paying for the past decade.

I think you should stop telling people how to spend their hard earned money. Everyone here has followed this team with a passion for years and the administration over there never returns any of it. They charge Alabama prices for Kansas level results, oh yeah and Kansas went out and hired a guy who's done it before. We will fire Pruitt next year, hire some dumbass 2nd rate coordinator because they were cheap and make them Tennessee's newest millionaire.

Intrigued. Like what should we choose to wear other than orange and white? We could all dress in costume like it's Comicon. What if instead of a checkerboard Neyland, we all dressed like the grim ripper and just sat there silently??

I say we dress up like zombies and not bathe all next week. That way we look and smell like the product on the field. Lifeless, stinking, slow zombies. The stench alone would get some attention.

Reactions: volgrad500
The good side--it can't get any worse than this, getting manhandled by a 2-10 Sunbelt team in Neyland unless they can talk Swanee to come back on the schedule.

Nah, not attending games sends a clear message that the product on the field is unacceptable.

If losing to GSU in your home opener doesn't send a clear message that the product on the field is unacceptable, I don't think fan attendance is going to matter one way or the other.

Everyone within the program knows the program has rotted on the vine. With each successive coach, no matter their or the staffs pedigree, we hit new program lows. In other words, there are much bigger problems within the program that have to be fixed and fan tantrums/boycotts aren't on their radar nor do they matter at this point. It's just useless noise.

VN Store

Back